You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Paul is the best thing they can do for the WWE. He's always been awesome, even in his NWA days. He made the whole Brock angle look real.

Loved that Brock told HHH to fuck off. 16

X-Pac got fat. HBK's PG comedy routine is, and has been, completely lame, but it's always good to see him.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I could that from Brock too.. And I agree with HBK. My all time favorite but the PG shit has always been lame. It ain't him and deep down he knows it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I thought the HHH/steph/paul segment was pretty good. Paul is so good on the mic that he blends truth and story so very well. He prolly meant all he said. Steph did well too.

No Stone Cold did suck. It was an alright show, The Undertaker looks retarded without hair. Lita's body is so fucking tight. haha:

Triple H > Brock. I loved that segment. Steph and Paul were great and Triple H is always awesome.

The Undertaker does look incredibly stupid without hair

Lita looked fucking amazing. Her body was on fire.
tumblr_m7n812zHyZ1qmbgsvo1_1280.jpg

russtcb wrote:
Rex wrote:

No Stone Cold was a major disappointment.

Yeah really. I assumed that was a lock.

I was shocked there was no Stone Cold

The Rock is great but it's fucking lame that he promos his matches 6+ months in advance. Royal Rumble he's gonna fight for the title? roll

HBK's PG gimmick has always been lame. Too bad cause like ID said even he knows it.

CM Punk going heel instead of Cena was lame as hell. Gimme a fucking break. Cena's good guy persona has been beaten to death.  Having Punk turn was so lazy, cliche, expected and flat out stupid.

misterID

misterID wrote:

What I like about it is that they're building up a Punk/Rock feud and not another stupid Cena rehash. Punk can be a much better heel (and he's much more intersting as a heel than face, imo) than Cena, which we all know isn't going to happen. There's really no one that interesting to have feud with Rock on that current roster.

This would also be a perfect spot to bring in Stone Cold.

I have to say, I loved the heel turn on Rock. And the pop from the crowd when Punk jumped him reminded me of the attitude era.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bono wrote:

I was shocked there was no Stone Cold

He had knee surgery recently and was in physical therapy and no shape to get in the ring.

I've given up on WWE turning Cena heel.  As long as he moves merchandise, he'll remain a face despite evidence that most of the fanbase hates him.

If the Rock wins the title at the Rumble, they'll have to work around him defending the title at Elimination Chamber PPV in February.  It can be done but they just have to work around it.

I really don't want to see Cena-Rock round 2 at Wrestlemania 29.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The 20 year anniversary for RAW is next year, so no big whoop he missed this. It'll probably be a bigger show next year.

What would be cool is have Punk join Heyman and Lesnar's team, and have them cause some interference for Punk to beat Rock at RR (that "shelves him" a few weeks) and then win the title against Punk at WM.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Kevin Nash has been campaigning to reform the N.W.O. with Punk as the leader -- possibly for the Royal Rumble.

Usually I'd be against this as being something stale, but in reality, they need to do something. That strong heel turn on Rock and they blow it the next week, by having the most vague non-reason for his Rock attack. I can't believe I got sucked into watching RAW again, when I knew they don't know what to do with Punk.

And Jesus, Lawler is friggin lame. He's a perverted asshole. That's why people liked him. Now he's PG face. It's sickening. Vince needs to give it up and concentrate on spending millions on his wife's horrible political campaigns that she keeps losing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think it has to do with Linda McMahon running for senate.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

And Jesus, Lawler is friggin lame. He's a perverted asshole. That's why people liked him. Now he's PG face. It's sickening. Vince needs to give it up and concentrate on spending millions on his wife's horrible political campaigns that she keeps losing.

Cosign this.  Lawler's been friggin unlistnable for YEARS.  I loved him during the late 90s-early part of the decade but he's been phoning it since then.

Actually, Linda's political aspirations are only a portion of the WWE money drain.  They've spent millions on trying to launch the WWE network but that seems to be in question as they have already been turned by Direct TV (or Dish Network.  WWE network was supposed to debut this year but that has been pushed back again.

They continue to dump money into WWE Films even when that division isn't very profitable at all.

In 2010 WWE stock was worth $18.64, a few weeks ago it dropped to $7.86.  That's a lot of money to lose.

Don't get me wrong, WWE won't be going out of business anytime soon but there are some major red flags here.  Personally, I don't know why they just don't can the WWE films division and just spend more time on money on the DVD releases.  They have the rights to most  of the wrestling footage.  They're sitting on a goldmine in old NWA/WCW tape libraries.

CM Punk
 Rep: 2 

CM Punk wrote:

AW had some tweets to the WWE as they released him:
A W ‏@AWPromotions
To anyone who cares to follow this unemployed wanna be funny guy my new twitter account is @BJRatedR. Now it's time to get Eddie Murphy RAW!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
Thank you WWE for creating me and then killing me because I only portrayed what I grew up watching... The #WWE!!
Expand
Reply  Retweet  Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
Thanks to the fans who showed me support over the whole Kobe thing and to those I upset I apologize again. Remember It's entertainment folks
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
I remember a time when the WWE didn't care about breaking the mold but now everyone is so afraid of their own shadow. #RemeberTheFans
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
Just be normal shut up and be a yes man so you can collect your check and feel like your special. #SELLOUTS!!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

A W ‏@AWPromotions
Let this be a lesson to up and coming talent in the WWE don't try and be great like the Rock or Stone Cold. WWE isn't the same...
Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite
3m A W ‏@AWPromotions
I've offended the wrong people that taught me how to have ATTITUDE It was the #WWE that made me bold and now it has turned it's back on me
Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite
7m A W ‏@AWPromotions
@TitusONeilWWE & @DarrenYoungWWE thank you for allowing me to speak on your behalf. You guys are the best and I'm glad to call u my friends!
Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite
11m A W ‏@AWPromotions
AWPromotions is no more ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for your support and hate, it's been a great run. Now I get to do me which isn't PG!

And if anybody watches Ring of Honor, Boiling Point is over. And for Impact Wrestling fans, Harcore Justice is today.

Board footer