You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Yeah, it' heavily censored. I'm not paying for that shit. I can watch all that on youtube, uncensored, for free.

AtariLegend wrote:

Not available this side of the Atlantic yet, honestly wouldn't subscribe anyway. Can barely watch 3 hour Raw's and normally just hit the fast forward button on the stream. Just too much wrestling as it is and most of it's bad.

Besides I'd rather keep my Netflix subscription and with so many other expensive I'd rather play a MMO instead.

AtariLegend wrote:

Crazy unsubstantiated rumor of the day, "AMC want to buy WWE".

misterID

misterID wrote:

I've been wondering why Viacom hasn't made an offer. It's not unrealistic, where they would still give Vince a level of control, but this wouldn't be good for HHH. AMC would have a say in who gets pushed....

AtariLegend wrote:

Considering Viacom supposedly forced TNA to put Belator fighters on their TV show who were even more obscure than some of their own talent. Well I'd hope Vince would retain some control there. Though TNA is hopeless, they obviously would be more inclined to listen to Vince.

I do honestly believe that Vince retaining some control isn't a bad thing, but I'm all for Triple H not making it to the very top of the corporate ladder. The more emphasize on tag teams, women wrestlers, developmental  ect. that he he supposedly wanted, is nothing compared to the negatives we've heard throughout the years. If he had full control for the last decade, he'd have been booking himself over a lot more often. He probably even would have booked himself to beat Undertaker's streak if he thought he could get away with it.

Some still have paranoia that Triple H might go over Bryan at mania as a swerve (which even I think is unlikely). However he did book himself with and eventually over Punk, during the peak of Punk's popularity after Money in the Bank 2011. I'm pretty sure I remember him beating Cena cleanly in their Wrestlemania re-match several years ago too.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yup.  From the rumors it was the fact HHH wanted to go clean over Punk at WM that sent Punk off the edge, that he was already teetering on to begin with. Which makes the whole, "HHH isn't big enough", all the more hilarious for his exit.

HHH ruined the Punk run, terribly. Why the fuck did he have to be the face? If they would have done HHH the villain Vs Punk it would have been huge. No doubt in my mind it could have been a shade of Austin vs Vince, but with better matches. I think they screwed up the YTJ feud also during that period, but what are you going to do?

I firmly believe HHH used up his capital ruining Punk's run to go clean over Bryant now. Vince isn't stupid and knows that the backlash would be real. Ratings matter, and it's not about people buying whatever they dish out. But I do find it funny that had Punk not left Bryant would be wrestling Kane at WM.

And any sell would still give Vince a lot of control, that's the only way it would happen. And having others voice opinions would be a good thing, imo.

AtariLegend wrote:

Okay so this is a work and aimed obviously at IWC fans, but this was amusing I have to say.

Goldberg/RVD/Scott Steiner and Booker were all practically buried when their momentum was in a upward swing in different ways. Triple H infamously refused to drop the title to RVD in 2002. Booker T was practically buried in the build up to Wrestlemaina XIX in a racism angle where he was expected to win, but got booked to lose.  2003 the injured Triple H who could barely take bumps, refused to drop the title to Goldberg at SummerSlam when people actually cared. Obviously Goldberg was made to look stupid too for months (even though Goldberg wasn't an IWC favorite himself). Scott Steiner was buried too and made to look like a complete idiot against Triple H for months (He lasted just over a month afterwards, if I recall).

The Jeff Hardy one is a little more sketchy. I think Triple H beat him multiple times before Jeff's big victory in a triple threat match, however for a very brief period Jeff Hardy did actually recover from it and was one of true big faces briefly before quitting.

It's known or was rumored for years that Triple H didn't like Foley, despite Foley practically making Triple H a proper main event-er.

The Daniel Bryan stuff has been talked about for months, but you'd expect Triple H to do the honors properly this time.

AtariLegend wrote:

That Mr T speech is one of the most awkward speeches ever. I couldn't tell if he was serious or it was a parody.

AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar beat Taker...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar beat Taker...

Please tell me you are lying.

Board footer