You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Honestly even if they went back to 2 hours and pulled out all the stops.. i.e paying Brock a ridiculous amount of money to show up more money and running him with as the star (given he's the most over person in the company) they still couldn't save this era. The booking decisions and the lack of any stars is a disaster and they're own fault.

Things will get exciting in a few months before Wrestlemania, but afterwards it'll crash harder than before.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

They truly are in transition now. Looking at the brackets for that WWE Championship tournament really shocked me. Other than Big Show, Del Rio and Sheamus, the average age of the guys in that tournament must have been 30. They're seriously lacking real main event level talent right now, and they desperately need a few headline names to draw the crowds in every week and to help get the younger guys over. If a casual fan (and that's always what WWE is aiming for) is to tune into Raw this week, odds are he won't recognise half the roster and will most likely change the channel. Cena is gone, Orton is gone, and Undertaker and Lesnar is only there occasionally. It looks as if they seriously underestimated CM Punk's worth whilst he was there, so I can definitely understand why he left. He was the one main event guy that wasn't shoved down the audiences throats that people actually liked. He was a true locker room leader and probably the last real one they've had (other than Cena), and they had him job to all the part timers. Such a shame.

AtariLegend wrote:

They won't clear Bryan medically and they know fans will go ape shit if Bryan is in undercard matches while Reigns (or almost anyone else baring Lesnar) is main event-ing. They also know there's no way fans would have picked Reigns over Bryan. They actually went out of their way to try and make Bryan look stupid with the whole "yes movement" and immediately having him defend the title against Kane, before he got hurt.

They didn't bring back Lesnar, because they want to save Reigns/Lesnar II. Even though there's no way fans will cheer Reigns over Lesnar.

Cena is making a reality TV show or whatever for a month, but they want to save Reigns/Cena too.

Wyatt wasn't put in the tournament, which makes no sense. Even though we've seen Wyatt/Reigns over and over again.

There's no way fans would have taken Reigns over Taker, so that ruled out another name.

Rollins who's been booked badly and Orton are both injured.

Punk was damaged after he came back following MITB 2011. Sure he was over, but they made sure he'd never be "the man" by jobbing him to Triple H for no reason. He knew what they thought of him so he got out.

The company is fucked if in a year they have Reigns as "the man". Difference from past years is there was always hope for the future, at least some. Now there isn't, no big stars to come back, very few dream matches left and no one from NXT that gets jobbed out on call up is going to do anything substantial.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I think Daniel Bryan is done. He's been cleared by a high profile doctor and Bryan has even admitted in interviews that the problem lies with WWE at this stage. It's similar to Christians status. He recieved too many concussions within a small period of time, and they decided at his age to quietly retire him. I was really surprised it wasn't even alluded to in the Steve Austin podcast with Edge & Christian. It's a shame, he deserved a proper send off.  As for Bryan, I can't see him wanting to take up a Corey Graves type personality with the company. I think they'll sign him to a legends deal, and he'll go to live a quiet life studying to become a teacher, growing vegetables in his hand made home with Brie. 16 Speaking of the Bella's, they turned 31 yesterday, which is old for a Diva. Their time could be up soon, although I assume they'll have a job with the company as long as they want it, based off of who they're dating.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl4Life wrote:

I think Daniel Bryan is done. He's been cleared by a high profile doctor and Bryan has even admitted in interviews that the problem lies with WWE at this stage. It's similar to Christians status. He recieved too many concussions within a small period of time, and they decided at his age to quietly retire him. I was really surprised it wasn't even alluded to in the Steve Austin podcast with Edge & Christian. It's a shame, he deserved a proper send off.  As for Bryan, I can't see him wanting to take up a Corey Graves type personality with the company. I think they'll sign him to a legends deal, and he'll go to live a quiet life studying to become a teacher, growing vegetables in his hand made home with Brie. 16 Speaking of the Bella's, they turned 31 yesterday, which is old for a Diva. Their time could be up soon, although I assume they'll have a job with the company as long as they want it, based off of who they're dating.

Bryan suggested not long long back if they didn't clear him then he'd go wrestle on the indies. I think people forgot the guy lived a fairly modest live-style compared to his peers. He's still rich, but he's the definition of the indie wrestler.

Bryan got his mania win, because the fans were fucking outraged. He never got treated properly though, as a star. He was insanely overly and it wasn't manufactured at all. That's in-spite of stupid stuff they tried do with him, not because of it.

That "Yes-movement #" thing they tried to shoe-horn onto him still didn't kill him.

I seriously hope he comes back. I said there weren't many dream matches left, but Lesnar/Bryan is one.

AtariLegend wrote:

For anyone who didn't watch it last night. Triple H got booked to win the title and Rumble tongue. Reigns was booed again.

They supposedly plan to do Triple H vs. Reigns in the main event at mania. Not exactly holding out high hopes for it.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

For anyone who didn't watch it last night. Triple H got booked to win the title and Rumble tongue. Reigns was booed again.

They supposedly plan to do Triple H vs. Reigns in the main event at mania. Not exactly holding out high hopes for it.

It's incredible how they try to get Reigns over but it still doesn't work.  They should just turn him heel.  League of Nations  did a beatdown on him in the middle of the match as they did the Cena "overcome the odds" story during the match.  And it didn't work at all.

Triple H (the heel!) got cheers when he started beating down Reigns.

AtariLegend wrote:

@WWEDanielBryan
Due to medical reasons, effective immediately, I am announcing my retirement. Tonight on Raw, I'll have a chance to elaborate. #gratitude

Devastated as fan. Don't like watching Wrestling anymore, but with Punk and Bryan gone after basically getting booked so stupidly despite being the most over wrestlers in the company it's a shame.

AtariLegend wrote:

All my favorites have either retired/quit or are part time now. Bryan retiring feels like one of those moments when one of your favorites dies in their prime sad.

I know Bryan was booked stupidity and against his popularity, but how is Raw going to survive another decade now without any proper main eventers. Everyone else except Roman is booked like a midcarder and lose as much as they win.

No one is compelling enough to make me want to watch this show anymore and I was already just skimming online reports most of the time. The social media 3 hour Raw era of jobbers and midcarders has killed it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They really need competition, like WCW , but that will never happen again. I think WWE is on its last legs, and I can't help but blame HHH and Stephanie.

Board footer