You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR tour dates in Canada?

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I maintain that I don't care where they're playing. I'm going to see them. There's a high chance I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of the show and that's all I care about.

aside from that i care about where they're playing (i live in ireland n the furtherest i'll be travelling is to europe mainland) i agree 100%. i'm hopeful of a tour and will be disappointed if it doesn't materialise but so what if it doesn't, know what i mean? hopefully... but...

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I maintain that I don't care where they're playing. I'm going to see them. There's a high chance I'm going to enjoy the fuck out of the show and that's all I care about.

aside from that i care about where they're playing (i live in ireland n the furtherest i'll be travelling is to europe mainland) i agree 100%. i'm hopeful of a tour and will be disappointed if it doesn't materialise but so what if it doesn't, know what i mean? hopefully... but...

I'd love any GnR set as long as its not My World played 22 times.

Sky Dog wrote:

possible about Azoff....but there are ALOT of parties involved in a tour and people don't want to lose money (especially in this economic climate).

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

True. But I don't think that bodes well for a US tour, unless the canada tour is spectacular.

Sky Dog wrote:

us tour needs to be a theatre tour with a few arenas sprinkled in.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
madagas wrote:

bingo ! no truer words have been spoken. it's been said before by many people here but you play the larger venues 10,000+ in large market cities. then play a bunch of 3000 - 8000 seat places. if all goes well there will be opportunities to play a stadium type gig somewhere in the u.s by way of festival or some shit. rather have a 5000 sell out somewhere in michigan than 7500 at palace of auburn hills.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I agree. Larger markets like New York and LA could be arena sized shows and smaller markets could be smaller venues. Unlikely though hmm.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I hope atleast 10 of you people in this thread are making as much money as azoff cause you all bicker and talk like you know so much about managing tours and venues and such. I say "it is what it is" and right now a lot of people are just excited that their favorite band is touring again regardless of the negatives. And we all know about these negatives so it's not being a "realist" to point them out so let's just enjoy what we have here. The benefit to being a fan of gnr, at this point, is knowing that there are few surprises so expect the "same old" and plan accordingly. anything else is a bonus.

Sky Dog wrote:

true- karma....and for the record, I don't make as much money as Irving! 14

Board footer