You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

PaSnow wrote:

Agreed. Blackhawks had a great 1st period, Flyers were a little better in the 2nd, 3rd was pretty indifferent. Not sure the overall matchup was much different than games  1-4 though, so unless your banking on 1 period to make the series I think Game 6 will be close.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I dunno. Blackhawks looked a lot better tonight. If they play like this Wednesday, it'll be over.

Pronger just looked terrible tonight. Does he move so slow because he's 6-foot-5? Byfuglien went right around him on that empty-netter, and I noticed he was always lagging behind. Whatever, doesn't matter.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Pronger had a bad night, but you're bringing up an empty netter to make your case?? Kindof a reach.

They looked real good in the first period, however after they went up 3-0 it was essentially 4-3 Flyers. Not much to write home about aside from the hot start.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

like I said, whatever, but he's slow as shit. I was asking you since you have watched them more. He was on the other side of the ice all night.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

He's 35. So I'm sure that's a factor. But supposedly he plays the angles great, similar to an aging safety or cornerback. I guess the youth & speed of the blackhawks beat him last night, however again it was only one game. I think 2 of the goals weren't his "fault", just the man he was covering threw the puck at the net, and it went in. I think the 2nd goal of the game was shot from behind the net, but bounced off Leightons skate & went in, wouldn't really say that was Prongers fault, same with the empty netter, I'm sure he was just caught out of position which when you down 2 goals will happen. I certainly wouldn't criticize Prongers play for the series. He did have a terrible game, not sure why. Myb it all just caught up to him. However with the extra day off I'm looking for him to bounce back big time.

Wasn't just him though, the whole first period they couldn't get the Hawks out of the zone. It was almost like they were shorthanded. I guess there were some lineup & matchup problems that needed adjustments. However once they were made the game settled down. Gotta give mad credit to Briere, took a high stick to the face, skated right off the ice to get stitched up, didn't even miss a shift.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

They looked real good in the first period, however after they went up 3-0 it was essentially 4-3 Flyers. Not much to write home about aside from the hot start.

Speaking of reaches, the Blackhawks played the 3rd period to kill time.  They were not aggressive like they were the first period and part of the 2nd because they had a cushion.  You can't assume that they would have played that way without a 3 goal lead.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Speaking of reaches, the Blackhawks played the 3rd period to kill time.  They were not aggressive like they were the first period and part of the 2nd because they had a cushion.  You can't assume that they would have played that way without a 3 goal lead.

True, but that's why I said it was "indifferent" for the 3rd. I didn't say they were outplayed. Although, I do think the Flyers were a little better in the 2nd, and cushion or not, Niemi still let up 4 goals. Not very good whether you're up 3 or not it's still alot.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

True, but that's why I said it was "indifferent" for the 3rd. I didn't say they were outplayed. Although, I do think the Flyers were a little better in the 2nd, and cushion or not, Niemi still let up 4 goals. Not very good whether you're up 3 or not it's still alot.

Better than 2 goalies letting in 6!  19

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Congratulations.  After 5 games the Blackhawks FINALLY had more than a 1 goal lead. I now see all this dominance & greatness you've professed. Because, any mathmetician will tell you 1 in 5 is not an anomaly, it's the norm. You have a 20% success rate in you prediction ability, I'm flat out impressed.  We'll talk again on Wednesday night.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Congratulations.  After 5 games the Blackhawks FINALLY had more than a 1 goal lead. I now see all this dominance & greatness you've professed. Because, any mathmetician will tell you 1 in 5 is not an anomaly, it's the norm. You have a 20% success rate in you prediction ability, I'm flat out impressed.  We'll talk again on Wednesday night.

So now it's no longer about the number of goals a goalie gave up?  Now it's about statistics that have nothing to do with the actual hockey?  Anyway, I don't believe I made any prediction other than the Hawks would win, and honestly I'm not even sure I ever said that (nor will I bother to go re-read everything).

I told you the Hawks are the more talented team.  They are.  I told you they've played like crap most of the series.  They have.  I said they finally came out and played one period the way they are capable of.  They did.  I said the Flyers came back and played better after the first period.  They did. 

I'm not sure where in any of that I professed dominance.  I said if they played better in Philly, they would have swept the seires.  That is true.  I am also not sure what else I said that was so offensive to you.  I've given the Flyers credit for hanging in there and coming back.  Other teams have folded against the Hawks in similar situations.  It's not a shameful thing to be losing to the more talented team.  It's more shameful that the more talented team has not always played like the more talented team.  If they had, you'd be congratulating the Hawks for winning the cup right now instead of arguing about nothing.

Board footer