You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

At this point I think Miller is more likely to shut down an entire team than Brodeur is. Hate to be a Sabre-swinger, but I am what I am.

Personally, I'm hoping for Philly in the first round. Knocking Montreal out would of course be awesome, but playing in the Bell Centre is tough. Boston is just too boring to watch.

The 4 v 5 series in the East should be the most fun, or at least that's my expectation. Caps should roll through without any problems in the first round, although they are beatable and shouldn't expect to waltz into the conference final without some trouble.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dunno man, brodeur still has it.

wings with a big comeback win yesterdaybe nice to run the table and end up 5th, but the bottom 4 are pretty wide open in the west

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

3way tie @ 5th seed in the west, east has 3 teasms within 1 point for 6th....its amazing how close to teh wire the playoff race becomes since the cap was implimented

Communist China

Flyers play Rangers tonight, first of a home and home. Rangers need to win both to make the playoffs, Flyers just need to win one.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

gonna pee my pants laughing if toronto beats the habs tonight and then nyr and philly leapfrog them 14

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

FINAL DAY OF THE REGULAR SEASON TODAY.....6 of the 8 games on the schedule mean something with the NYR/Phi game being the flagship

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Options for seeding as if right now

East
1 - Wsh
2/3 - NJ/Bos
4 - Pit
5 - Ott
6 - Bos
7/8 - Mtl/Phi/NYR
West
1/2 - SJ/Chi
3 - Van
4 - Phx
5/6/7 - Det/Nsh/LA
8 - Col

with that being said there are actually only 4 games that mean something today

East

'¢ The New York Rangers would clinch a playoff berth and No. 8 seed with a win at the Flyers (3 p.m. ET). The Rangers lose a tiebreaker with the Canadiens based on three head-to-head points to the Canadiens'™ six.
'¢ The Rangers would be eliminated with a loss.

'¢ The Philadelphia Flyers would clinch a playoff berth and No. 7 seed with a win vs. the Rangers (3 p.m. ET). The Flyers win a tie with the Canadiens, 41 wins to 39.
'¢ The Flyers would be eliminated with a loss.

'¢ The Montreal Canadiens clinched a playoff berth with a point Saturday.
'¢ The Canadiens will be the No. 7 seed if the Rangers win Sunday and the No. 8 seed (and open playoffs at Capitals) if the Flyers win.

'¢ The Boston Bruins clinched a playoff berth with a win Saturday.
'¢ The Bruins clinched the No. 6 seed with the Canadiens'™ loss and will open the playoffs at the Devils or Sabres.

'¢ The New Jersey Devils clinched the Atlantic title Saturday with a win Saturday and a Penguins regulation loss.
'¢ The Devils would clinch the No. 2 seed with a point vs. the Sabres (5 p.m. ET) because the Devils would have more wins, 47 to 45.

'¢ Because they won Saturday, the Buffalo Sabres would clinch the No. 2 seed with a regulation win at the Devils (5 p.m. ET).

'¢ The Pittsburgh Penguins are the No. 4 seed and will face the No. 5 seed Ottawa Senators to open the playoffs.

West

'¢ Because they won Saturday, the San Jose Sharks would clinch the No. 1 seed with a Blackhawks loss to the Red Wings (3 p.m. ET).
'¢ A Blackhawks win would drop the Sharks to No. 2.

'¢ The Chicago Blackhawks would clinch the No. 1 seed in the West and open the playoffs against the No. 8 seed Colorado Avalanche with a win vs. the Red Wings (3 p.m. ET).
'¢ The Blackhawks will be the No. 2 seed with a loss.

'¢ The Detroit Red Wings would clinch the No. 5 seed (and open the playoffs at the No. 4 seed Phoenix Coyotes) with a win at the Blackhawks (3 p.m. ET) or both a point and a Kings loss.
'¢ The Red Wings would be the No. 6 seed (and open the playoffs at the No. 3 seed Vancouver Canucks) with an overtime loss and a Kings win, or a regulation loss and a Kings regulation loss.
'¢ The Red Wings would be the No. 7 seed with a regulation loss and a Kings point.

'¢ The Nashville Predators would clinch the No. 5 seed with a Red Wings regulation loss and a Kings loss.
'¢ The Predators would be the No. 6 seed with a Red Wings win and a Kings loss, or both a Red Wings regulation loss and a Kings win.
'¢ The Predators would be the No. 7 seed with a Red Wings point and a Kings win.

'¢ The Los Angeles Kings would clinch the No. 5 seed with a win at the Avalanche (3 p.m. ET) and a Red Wings loss.
'¢ The Kings would clinch the No. 6 seed with a point and a Red Wings regulation loss, or both a win and a Red Wings win.
'¢ The Kings would be the No. 7 seed with a regulation loss, or both an overtime loss and a Red Wings point.

Communist China

EAST
(1) Washington Capitals (54-15-13) vs. (8 ) Montreal Canadiens (39-33-10)
(2) New Jersey Devils (48-27-7) vs. (7) Philadelphia Flyers (41-35-6)
(3) Buffalo Sabres (45-27-10) vs. (6) Boston Bruins (39-30-13)
(4) Pittsburgh Penguins (46-28-7) vs. (5) Ottawa Senators (44-32-6)

WEST
(1) San Jose Sharks (51-20-11) vs. (8 ) Colorado Avalanche (43-30-9)
(2) Chicago Blackhawks (52-22-8 ) vs. (7) Nashville Predators (47-29-6)
(3) Vancouver Canucks (49-28-5) vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings (46-27-9)
(4) Phoenix Coyotes (50-25-7) vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings (44-24-14)

Communist China

Flyers won 5 of 6 against Jersey this year. Wow... Boston also won 4-2 against Buffalo, the other two in the East are non-division and were evenly split. Out west I believe the season series' are either split of in favor of the higher seed.

I need to think some more before I pick teams, the West especially looks up for grabs. I think Chicago lucked out getting Nashville, I'd have taken Detroit or LA and maybe even Colorado over them at this point. I'm just not sold on the Blackhawks.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I may have to go to Nashville to see my Blackhawks play.

Board footer