You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2009-2010 NHL Season

Eastern conference final has been very unentertaining hockey so far. Chicago can put a stranglehold on San Jose tonight with a win at home.

I have no idea what to expect from Philly/Montreal for the rest of the series. I can't figure either of them out.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Big win for the Blackhawks tonight!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm going to the Hawks game Sunday. Hoping to see a sweep. Can't believe it. I expected so much more from this series.

Hawks are just so much better than anyone left, that it'll be a huge surprise if they don't win it all.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the sharks were bound to choke eventually...they are 2 rounds too late though 16

and habbies are in deep doo-doo

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm going to the Hawks game Sunday. Hoping to see a sweep. Can't believe it. I expected so much more from this series.

Hawks are just so much better than anyone left, that it'll be a huge surprise if they don't win it all.

The game was great to watch on TV - what was it like being there?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

It was really nuts. People were going out of their minds when Versteeg sealed it with the empty-netter.I've seen U2 at the UC, and it was just as loud or louder. Of course, Jim Cornelison's anthem was spine-tingling. The crowd roar during it is a real unique moment in sports.

Every cleared puck, every save, every hit would get the crowd in a frenzy. 

I had a press pass, so I watched from all over. The standing room only area was so full it was hard to pass through the aisles up top.

The last five minutes, though, were so loud. Everyone knew what was coming, they just needed the right event to make them go crazy.

During the trophy presentation, it was funny hearing all the fans telling Toews not to touch it or look at it. He looked so weird out there, like he didn't want any part of it.

All in all, best sporting experience I've had except maybe the flying start of an Indy 500 in person.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

There are some things in person you do lose out on. Like, we didn't know Duncan Keith lost seven teeth or why Andrew Ladd went out. Also, what was the issue with the reviewed Hawks goal? Did the refs not see it cross the line or did one of them blow their whistle too early?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

There are some things in person you do lose out on. Like, we didn't know Duncan Keith lost seven teeth or why Andrew Ladd went out. Also, what was the issue with the reviewed Hawks goal? Did the refs not see it cross the line or did one of them blow their whistle too early?

The refs couldn't see it, plus someone swept it out of the goal just after it crossed the line.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Fly boys took it tonight.  They definitely have a skilled and deep lineup and Laviolette is a heck of a coach. Big Bri & Buzz, let's rock you Chi-town f'ers.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I see a crushing in your future PaSnow. Seriously, they might call this one after 3 games. And then force the Flyers to update their ridiculously fugly uniforms.

Whoa, watch out, incoming batteries.

Ok, that was fun.

Board footer