You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: how are the shows selling this time around?

Axlin08 wrote:

Oh, well...

Oh, well... Oh, well... Captain Obvious.

And yet ANOTHER thread that turns into a U2 discussion? Really?

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
Bono wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

I just don't see Axl's antics playing too well to the soccer mom and yuppie U2 crowd.

Soccer moms and yuppies? Dumbest comment ever! You've obviously never been to a U2 show

I went to one a month ago in Houston. Besides paying 100 bucks to sit on the third level (floor tickets were sold out pretty quickly), my feelings were kind've the same as mitchejw. Not a bad show, just not blown away.

You're right, GnR would be lucky to play to that many people, no question. But in the stands, the crowd was mostly gay foreigners, soccer moms, and yuppies.

Sky Dog wrote:

Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Elevation
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
In A Little While

I love U2 but any show with those songs in it would be ruined for me. The first 3 are played every night yet they leave out songs like Pride and Bad.

I'm old school U2 though so I am sort of biased. To me, a perfect U2 show would be them playing all of the Joshua Tree or Achtung or Unforgettable Fire.....their true masterpieces in my opinion. Sprinkle in some choice cuts from prior albums and later albums.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

U2 bore me to tears, I cant fathom who the people are who buy their albums cause I've never met anyone who admits it.
In 5 years living away at college, parties every other night, making new friends and swapping all kinds of music and hearing all kinds of music at parties - I never heard anybody mention them or produce a cd to put on the stereo. I've actually had the conversation over a few beers many times, how in the hell can a band producing such mundane music be so popular?  Who buys this shit? Buggered if I know hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

To tie Gnr back in, a Gnr opening slot for U2 would be a good idea. In fact, that would be the ONLY band I would want them to open for. Otherwise, tour by yourself like they are doing, but play more intimate venues. Focus on quality and not money.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont think any big bands will touch GNR purely because of Axls tardy reputation. The Eagles Of Death Metal guy said even though they were kicked off the tour, they got their payment for the entire tour upfront because its the only way bands will agree to go on tour with Axl because of the risk of riots and cancellations. I reckon they are limited with who they choose as support acts, as bands ask for a lump sum upfront, and the bigger the support band, the bigger the payment.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, touring with GN'R is like working in a nuclear reactor, where the boss with the red button is very moody. You're gonna get extra cash for the risk.

Guns N' Roses will not tour with U2!

THE END.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The winner in that is U2 and the loser is GnR.

Board footer