You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GN'R makes official tour announcement on MySpace

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not obsessed with the website, but I feel the band's music is worth exposing people to properly, and that website is far from best practise. Now a band like Medadeth has a website that's updated frequently, has info about the band and members, past achievments, all kinds of stuff, and the band members go on the forum and post quite frequently. I'm not saying GNR has to be megadeth, but it's not unreasonable for fans to wish the offcial site was actually a source of current offical information such as this tour.

That said I welcome that the band has reached out to us via the myspace update, and I can't wait for these shows. Makes me want to travel to canada!

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Yeah, I mentioned something like that before somewhere.

The "Better" video is a tribute to Barbi Von Grief  and things have turned sour between her and GN'R. That is the reason there has not been any videos.

wink

russtcb wrote:

Wait a damn minute.... is this more sarcasm?

Nah, that one should count as real.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know what is more pathetic...how bad that website is or how ridiculously obsessed the Gnr fan base is with it. Get over it already!

Here's the thing though; why even have a website? That's what I don't get. I can't think of anyone I'd classify as "obsessed" with the site. But at the same time I truly don't get why they even have one. It seems like it's only ever given everyone (casual fans included) something to bitch about.

I don't get anything they have done since 1993.....you think one would have learned that whatever makes sense, WON'T happen. And there are thousands of idiots spread out across Gnr forums who constantly obsess over that crappy website. I wasn't addressing Handsome in particular but the topic is CONSTANTLY being brought up. 19

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Nice work GN'R - good to finally hear/see the dates confirmed in a somewhat official capacity.

Fat-Drunk wrote:

The "Better" video is a tribute to Barbi Von Grief  and things have turned sour between her and GN'R. That is the reason there has not been any videos.

wink

No problems between me and the band at all. 3

What! has Lars been let off the hook!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm not obsessed with the website, but I feel the band's music is worth exposing people to properly, and that website is far from best practise. Now a band like Medadeth has a website that's updated frequently, has info about the band and members, past achievments, all kinds of stuff, and the band members go on the forum and post quite frequently. I'm not saying GNR has to be megadeth, but it's not unreasonable for fans to wish the offcial site was actually a source of current offical information such as this tour.

That said I welcome that the band has reached out to us via the myspace update, and I can't wait for these shows. Makes me want to travel to canada!

Yeah, Pearl Jam has a kickass website too.  Just one example, they keep a running tab of how many times they play each one of their songs live, not to mention you can purchase any and all of their concerts.  Many bands have great sites.  GNR, not so much.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Barbi (Stolat) Von Grief wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

wink

No problems between me and the band at all. 3

What! has Lars been let off the hook!

Lars was never on a hook. That was another lame excuse, just like almost all of GNR's excuses.

I was just making a joke about the Lars comments. here I'll put a smiley after the joke.

BTW, don't address posts to me if you are going to put the words "lame" and "GN'R" in one sentence.

If the criticsim is constructive, sure, I'll listen.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer