You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ronartest2004
 Rep: 2 

Re: How hard is it to leak a song?

mister saint laurent wrote:

the leaking itself isn't the hard part. obv.

getting the song in the first place on the other hand . . .

Lets says person A gets a song...Now instead of just leaking the music and being done with it....9 times outta 10 it gets drawn out into this big "Well I have these songs,but im scared to release them because blah blah blah....

So I need someones help with leaking them"

But then either they get so much heat on their asses that they give in to the gnr camp, or their promise of a leak is followed with cricket noises ...

Like I said earlier I know that a finished cd on the back shelf in best buy is alot different than a song on axl laptop, but damn I mean if I had a gnr song Id just leak it and watch the response from people and not say a word.

But so many others wanna get fame from leaking a song that it ends up fucking them and/or the fans too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

usually the ones bragging about having them dont really have anything in the first place

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

If I had a leak I wouldn't want to be the one uploading to a public server like rapidshare. If they keep records of IP addresses that uploaded each file you'd be easily traced even if you used a proxy.

Just send the file through MSN to some other schmuck who doesn't consider the consequences of what he's doing 16

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I'd love to be wrong but I reckon the days pf gnr leaks are long gone.

I mean the stuff we got in '07 thanks to MSL was suggested to have been sourced from Fernando and surely we got what was there to be had.

And the '08 Antiquiet leaks from Cogil - well surely we'd never see this kind of leak again following the FBI stuff.

The only possible way I could ever see a new leak is something finally surfacing from the 'checkmate' affair - but from what I've read the gnr camp quickly shut that one down.

So until Uncle Axl decides to put more new music out there, we wait....

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

I'd love to be wrong but I reckon the days pf gnr leaks are long gone.

I mean the stuff we got in '07 thanks to MSL was suggested to have been sourced from Fernando and surely we got what was there to be had.

And the '08 Antiquiet leaks from Cogil - well surely we'd never see this kind of leak again following the FBI stuff.

The only possible way I could ever see a new leak is something finally surfacing from the 'checkmate' affair - but from what I've read the gnr camp quickly shut that one down.

So until Uncle Axl decides to put more new music out there, we wait....

The only ones who are known to have it are the douche forum mods. Good luck.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I don't "know" by any means. 

But I think the main difference is that most leaks are from albums that are about to come out.  Finished, discs pressed, just sitting on a shelf waiting to come out.  The GNR leaks were of songs still being worked on, which is much more rare.

That's my impression as wel...

Imagine you're a famous painter and you're working on a new piece of art and someone breaks into your house, takes a picture/copy of your unfinnished work and spreads it to the world saying "Hey guys, look! It's the new painting he's been working on for 15 years!!"

If you're the artist, you would most likely be upset and go: "WTF!? It's not even done yet, and the picture/copy is of crappy quality.... Who the fuck did this to my precious!!?? Where's my legalteam?!" 17

It seems to be a different story when the art is 100% done, pressed and ready to be shipped around the world....

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
Naltav wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

But I think the main difference is that most leaks are from albums that are about to come out.  Finished, discs pressed, just sitting on a shelf waiting to come out.  The GNR leaks were of songs still being worked on, which is much more rare.

Imagine you're a famous painter and you're working on a new piece of art and someone breaks into your house, takes a picture/copy of your unfinnished work and spreads it to the world saying "Hey guys, look! It's the new painting he's been working on for 15 years!!"

If you're the artist, you would most likely be upset and go: "WTF!? It's not even done yet, and the picture/copy is of crappy quality.... Who the fuck did this to my precious!!?? Where's my legalteam?!" 17

It seems to be a different story when the art is 100% done, pressed and ready to be shipped around the world....

well, the painter would probably repaint the whole picture, take everything good out, saturate it so it looks like a mess & release it against his will.

sound familiar?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool ... the painter analogy is back in style

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
axlgod wrote:
Naltav wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

well, the painter would probably repaint the whole picture, take everything good out, saturate it so it looks like a mess & release it against his will.

sound familiar?

No, but the argument does! Some "fans" are very into repeating themselvs over and over on matters that they think they have some insight into.... Sound familiar?  13

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cool ... the painter analogy is back in style

Good analogies never goes outta style....  smile

Board footer