You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: And the controversy starts!

Aussie wrote:
elmir wrote:

Nice bit of invented PR...old school promotion, but still effective...not saying it didn't happen, but it was no coincidence...

Yes the thought of a staged publicity stunt or even that it was a totally fabricated story crossed my mind too.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Staged publicity is rather sad when it's playing off old Axl antics. If this is the case it's rather embarassing.  Pretending to be a badass tough guy? yeah ok. roll   As much as I bag on Axl the last few years please don't let a once serious rock n' roll motherfucker stoop to faking his attitude. My god.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Dadud wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

i was looking on TMZ for that and found this

http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/23/axl-rose- … com_inline

Wow. 16:haha::haha:

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Staged publicity is rather sad when it's playing off old Axl antics. If this is the case it's rather embarassing.  Pretending to be a badass tough guy? yeah ok. roll   As much as I bag on Axl the last few years please don't let a once serious rock n' roll motherfucker stoop to faking his attitude. My god.

Pretty sure he lost his "serious rock n' roll motherfucker" label a long time ago...

http://graphics2.jsonline.com/graphics/ … 05_big.jpg

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm curious if this was a legitimate incident why would you promote the event yourself by posting it on the official GNR myspace and facebook???

This screams "staged" to me!

As someone on HTGTH pointed out, the story was broken by Livedaily which is owned by Tickemaster. Now who would be the CEO of Ticketmaster - oh that's right Irving Azoff.....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I'm curious if this was a legitimate incident why would you promote the event yourself by posting it on the official GNR myspace and facebook???

This screams "staged" to me!

As someone on HTGTH pointed out, the story was broken by Livedaily which is owned by Tickemaster. Now who would be the CEO of Ticketmaster - oh that's right Irving Azoff.....

Wow!  we need to start a poll now. Who thinks it's genius, who thinks it's embarassing and who thinks it's badass and who thinks it's pathetic.   If it's staged I don't know what to say. If this is staged I think my theory of Axl kicking fans out durring shows being  staged gets a huge boost in likelyhood.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

If this is staged I think my theory of Axl kicking fans out durring shows being  staged gets a huge boost in likelyhood.

doubt that's stage. a lot of performers have and do kick out audience members. evan dando tried to kick me out of one of his shows - i was actually requesting for him to play Patience! but i reasoned with him & he let me stay, but i really should just left cause he was shite...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Was anybody in the real world talking about Guns N' Roses at all before this?  Sadly, in a couple days, nobody will be talking about them again.  This is as non-story as it can get.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Well, TMZ is a pretty bonafide source. Harvey Levin doesn't like getting gamed, I assure you. I'm inclined to believe it if the Paparazzi himself is going to TMZ.

We'll see, could be complete horseshit.

Board footer