You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....but you have to admit, everything is a bit shady in Axl's world.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

“@IzzysArmy: new followers: i am NOT Izzy Stradlin'. and to ALL: GN'R will NOT play at the rock hall. they will all b there tho”

“@IzzysArmy: and that is per Del James”

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I saw that thread at mygnr.  Who exactly was Del supposed to have said that to and in what context.  It wasn't clear?  Seemed a bit dodgy if you ask me.

If it's true tho and that's the way it goes down, if I was Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler I would still get up and play without him.  That would just make Axl look like a bitchy little schoolgirl is that hasn't grown up one iota in the last 20 years.

Sky Dog wrote:

too funny....immediately blaming Axl

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah I saw that thread at mygnr.  Who exactly was Del supposed to have said that to and in what context.  It wasn't clear?  Seemed a bit dodgy if you ask me.

If it's true tho and that's the way it goes down, if I was Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler I would still get up and play without him.  That would just make Axl look like a bitchy little schoolgirl is that hasn't grown up one iota in the last 20 years.

No offense to Axl, but they really don't have to get up and play to do that.  Slash and Steven have pretty much painted him as such in recent interviews in not so many words.  Well at least Slash, Steven of course is a little more outspoken.  But both have made it pretty clear that THEY are willing to do whatever it takes, but don't think it'll happen in regards to a performance WITH Axl.  Thus casting him in a not so positive light, which I'm sure he's used to by now.  He really would surprise everyone by getting up to perform, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen at this point.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

So if Del said GNR won't play but will all be there...have we established who he was referring to exactly? Did he mean original members? Maybe he was saying the modern band will attend but not play? Don't mean to be a smartass saying that - but it seems entirely possible that it could be some kind of misquote.

I've thought for a while the most likely scenario is some tribute performances by performers who inspired GNR or were inspired by them. So either 'new' bands like A7X/Buckcherry who carry a torch for GNR or maybe their own inspirational sources like Aerosmith and Elton John etc.

I could see Slash/Duff doing an all star jam with other famous people but I can't see them being involved in a "GNR" line up unless it's got everyone including Axl. Remember how Slash didn't play Steve's birthday party when duff and Izzy were because he didn't want to burn Axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

nobody who means anything is gonna say shit either way at this point....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

nobody who means anything is gonna say shit either way at this point....

Yeah, I'd say the early odds are on them not performing.  But I don't think anything is set in stone at this point.  I would have been SHOCKED if they announced they were going to perform anytime before induction NIGHT.

What was the story with Axl performing with Bruce Springsteen back in the day on Come Together?  Didn't one of them not want to perform that night?  I think it was Bruce, but Axl convinced him to.  Or maybe the other way around.

Anything could still happen.  I think people are just being realistic.  You have to temper your expectations with anything involving Guns N' Roses, which we all know too well by now.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

It's Axl's call I reckon.
That simple.

I think he may regret it if he doesn't.

Sky Dog wrote:

no he won't...but, I think he should do it.

Board footer