You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Axl's never been at rehearsals or sound checks.

Yet it still hasn't hurt his live performances.

Ouch. It did and does hurt his shows. Maybe one day he'll skip Dexter to rehearse. The day he grows up or gets 90 percent of his ego removed.

Right, I get that. But I'm just saying it's always been and I doubt it'll change.

Yeah, no way. But I didn't think he'd go to a mediocre talk show either.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yet it still hasn't hurt his live performances.

Ouch. It did and does hurt his shows. Maybe one day he'll skip Dexter to rehearse. The day he grows up or gets 90 percent of his ego removed.

Right, I get that. But I'm just saying it's always been and I doubt it'll change.

Spare me.  Did you have a problem when Slash went on that same "mediocre" talk show time and again?  I don't remember hearing those complaints.

Poor Jimmy Kimmel is taking a lot of unnecessary shots lately.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Spare me.  Did you have a problem when Slash went on that same "mediocre" talk show time and again?  I don't remember hearing those complaints.

Poor Jimmy Kimmel is taking a lot of unnecessary shots lately.

Guys, you misunderstood it. I have no problems at all with Axl going to Kimmel. I wouldn't have any problem with him visiting all the shows, or giving more interviews.

He just wasn't the kind of guy who went to a show. Period. He wasn't the kind of guy doing interviews. Period. When he did, he preferred keeping it big, like Rolling Stone or Billboard or Stern. Quite understandable, cause if you rarely speak, then you'd better speak to a larger audience. Period.

I just didn't expect him to visit Kimmel's show, which is in the middle of the late show hierarchy. That's all. I guess neither of you did. So if things changed (for an occasion, at least) in this dimension for the better, then maybe one day they will change in other dimensions of this band, of his life, too. That would make our experience better. That's all. No need to be that emotional, guys.

faldor

faldor wrote:

He did an interview for Billboard magazine and Spinner.com in the last few years. Not exactly Time Magazine and The New York Times there. Maybe he likes Kimmel and his show. Maybe he dislikes Leno like me. I think you could be reading too much into it.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:

He did an interview for Billboard magazine and Spinner.com in the last few years. Not exactly Time Magazine and The New York Times there. Maybe he likes Kimmel and his show. Maybe he dislikes Leno like me. I think you could be reading too much into it.

Billboard is not that read, but it has the power to make the interview worldwide.
Spinner... I wouldn't call that an interview. Del James is not a journalist, he's Axl's publicist and tour manager. That was more like an official GN'R press release in an "interview" format.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I just don't think you are giving Jimmy Kimmel enough credit. All the late night talk shows are virtually the same. It's a fine choice. People report on these appearances the next day if they're interesting. Whether its Leno, Kimmel, or Conan. Just last week they played clips of 3 different guests from Kimmel on The Howard Stern Show.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Axl barely leaves his mansion, it will make the news, for sure.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Since Axl barely lives his mansion, it will make the news, for sure.

I hope so, but honestly I'm not so sure.  I often think we live in this cocoon and we're the only ones who give a shit about Axl anymore.

Board footer