You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

They tried to stop GH in 04 as well didn't they?

No wonder they didn't want another one coming out two years later. Especially as new GnR were making progress in 06.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah I think they tried to stop both. The hardcore fans didn't receive it too well either. I wonder if that wasn't the first time I noticed JamesLofton when that album got layed into. 14

At least we got remastered versions of the songs. They did sound pretty good.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

GH is what got me into GnR in the first place.

I suppose the die hards were waiting on CD, a GH would have been a kick in the teeth even then.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Really? Wow. I've still not heard GH! I had this very same conversation you guys were just having with a flat mate of mine at the time. I told her just to go buy the albums. They were only like £6 apiece at the time. Think I've still got a copy of UYI2 with the £6 sticker on it. A replacement for my brothers old copy which in finally got scratched to shit. Best driving album ever. I mean Ireland's a small country & you can get through most of it by the time Illusions 2 has reached My World & you're scrambling for the eject button! But yea for any road trip it's essential. That run from after KOHD until So Fine is just one of the all time great stretches on record.
What a fuckin band.
Best ever.
Nightrain tho is still the best song for driving. And anything.
Tho I did crash my car to Twat one night..

johndivney wrote:

On topic - I went to see Ulrich Schnauss in concert a few years ago. (He's the guy who they sampled for the intro to that shite song). I wore one of my GnR tshirts to the show.
I don't remember if he played the song they sampled. It was a load of bullshit. I was off my face. Don't remember much of it. Good venue tho.

I was also on the same message board as MSL at the time he 'uncovered' the sample/connection. MrID is correct in his retelling of this particular tale.
I didn't think anything of it at the time, assuming they'd got clearance, & then lo & behold a while later they're getting sued due to it. In fairness MSL must've been like one of 10 people in the world listening to Ulrich Schnausss at the time, unless he got tipped off by someone else but I'm ok with giving him credit on this one.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Really? Wow. I've still not heard GH! I had this very same conversation you guys were just having with a flat mate of mine at the time. I told her just to go buy the albums. They were only like £6 apiece at the time. Think I've still got a copy of UYI2 with the £6 sticker on it. A replacement for my brothers old copy which in finally got scratched to shit. Best driving album ever. I mean Ireland's a small country & you can get through most of it by the time Illusions 2 has reached My World & you're scrambling for the eject button! But yea for any road trip it's essential. That run from after KOHD until So Fine is just one of the all time great stretches on record.
What a fuckin band.
Best ever.
Nightrain tho is still the best song for driving. And anything.
Tho I did crash my car to Twat one night..

The appetite songs sound really great on the GH. I'd get it just to hear how dynamic Jungle, SCOM, PC and Patience sound. Definitely remastered.

johndivney wrote:

Maybe i downloaded them at the time. The mfsl stuff is what I reach for. I maybe have the GH remaster son a cd-r somewhere. Prob alongside all the CD 'demo's'. Fun times..

misterID

misterID wrote:

12331336_1555786471374151_1691173931_n.jpg

Frank just posted.

AtariLegend wrote:

Obviously he hasn't heard that Adler's replacing him yet as per the car wash if he's bling-ing merchandise.

This is from a few days ago.

Axl RoseVerified account
@axlrose
Thank You to the @LAFD! At it yet again! Thanks for the fast response.

CV-fXmJUYAAr2FA.jpg

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/675433711488393217

misterID

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Obviously he hasn't heard that Adler's replacing him yet as per the car wash if he's bling-ing merchandise.

This is from a few days ago.

Axl RoseVerified account
@axlrose
Thank You to the @LAFD! At it yet again! Thanks for the fast response.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV-fXmJUYAAr2FA.jpg

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/675433711488393217

But if we're looking for hidden codes, he is wearing an original line up logo on that sweater. And his expression is definitely saying, "suck on this, Steven."

Board footer