You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great post monkey!  Matt was solid as a rock. I would take me a long time to find a live fuck up from him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I really, really, really think Sorum will not be involved. This isn't about Sorum or Adler, or even Izzy.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I really, really, really think Sorum will not be involved. This isn't about Sorum or Adler, or even Izzy.

This is really all about Slash... But Duff makes things sweeter and he brought them together. 

That said, Duff and Slash want Izzy and Adler to be there on some level and Slash really wants Matt.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is really all about Slash... But Duff makes things sweeter and he brought them together. 

That said, Duff and Slash want Izzy and Adler to be there on some level and Slash really wants Matt.

They don't want them there that much that they'd be willing to sacrifice a percentage of their cut haha! Can't blame them either. I'd take the money over loyalty too wink

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's not what I heard.

Buzz might have more/better info, but I hear Sorum did not take the news well, as Duff and Slash didn't outright tell him the deal up front of what was going on. Adler is a mess, and Duff only backed Slash. And what really got Slash in was that he wanted to rejoin THIS band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Indeed it does seem to be the Axl, Slash and Duff show.

On reflection, thinking they'd all sort out something for the fans or the legacy was kinda silly of me. I could write a novel on it - but when you think about it - every single one of them has always just done whatever suited whenever. With very little regard for much else. It's been a mess from UYI and before.

That said, I think a hybrid line up will be awesome if Axl's voice is on the mend. It's not like the fill-in's are bad players - with slash back the guitar will be "right" - and richard and frank can hold their own with drums/rhythm fine.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Matt just rubs me the wrong way. Nothing for you disagree with me about. It's my take on the guy. Don't like him. Never really have. To me he's just a replacement like all the other guys fans have been complaining about all these years. He just was one of the first ones. I have no nostalgic tie to the guy; he wasn't the one in the band at the time they caught fire.

If we want to get really into it, I actually do have a bit of a complaint about his drumming. He just seems to hit hard--all the time. That's about it. Nothing too special about him if you ask me.

And, to be clear here, it is possible for a drummer to get writing credits, and he could have gotten some writing credits with GNR if he actually wrote something. He didn't, so again, nothing he's done ties him to the band so closely that Frank can't do the same thing.

In a perfect world, we get Steven.

To recap, I don't like him. It's not just about the groupie bragging, it's just his whole vibe. Also, let's not assume every rock star fucks every groupie that walks in the door and that we'd all do exactly the same thing.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well maybe you wouldn't do the same thing but I probably would have hahaha wink

Anyway you don't like him....fair enough.

I just think for me there's a distinction between the official writing credits and adding value to the songs. Matt may not have 'written' anything - but he's added great drums to those albums - they suit the mood of the songs very well - I wouldn't change any of the drum parts he did.

Still each to their own.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

With Axl getting the bulk of the money, he needs to be the one to come off a few bucks for Izzy to make cameo's, not Slash and Duff. 

Right now we have 2 guitar players... Slash and Fortus.  Axl you know is going to want a 3rd dude.  If he does it is Izzy or Dave.  Maybe Dave was the backup plan for Izzy?

I think, and I don't care how many times ID says he hasn't heard it, Slash will get Adler on stage, maybe in Vegas, to do anywhere from 1-4 songs and get that whole deal over with.  I think at that time, Izzy too comes on.  Give the fans from joy, make everyone warm and fuzzy, then they can continue on.  This is what my gut says.  Slash has a lot of emotional shit with Steven from their youth.  I think he will do all he can to make that a reality.  The dude may really hurt himself and nobody, not even Axl, wants to see that.  Sorum will move on, but Adler, he is not as strong emotionally.  I truly think they will give him is moment in the sun.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

With Axl getting the bulk of the money, he needs to be the one to come off a few bucks for Izzy to make cameo's, not Slash and Duff. 

Right now we have 2 guitar players... Slash and Fortus.  Axl you know is going to want a 3rd dude.  If he does it is Izzy or Dave.  Maybe Dave was the backup plan for Izzy?

I think, and I don't care how many times ID says he hasn't heard it, Slash will get Adler on stage, maybe in Vegas, to do anywhere from 1-4 songs and get that whole deal over with.  I think at that time, Izzy too comes on.  Give the fans from joy, make everyone warm and fuzzy, then they can continue on.  This is what my gut says.  Slash has a lot of emotional shit with Steven from their youth.  I think he will do all he can to make that a reality.  The dude may really hurt himself and nobody, not even Axl, wants to see that.  Sorum will move on, but Adler, he is not as strong emotionally.  I truly think they will give him is moment in the sun.

I think if Izzy wants to play at any of these gigs, he will be there.

Board footer