You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - April 4, 2010 (Praça da Apoteose)

war wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
war wrote:

axl alway nails that song minus the final part which wasn't on that clip.
DJ's version of the finck solo is almost perfect - getting better each time.

What final part ?! its the full song on the clip dude wtf....:/

no it's missing the last verse:

and now i dont know why
she wouldnt say goodbye
it just migh be that i
had seen it in her eyes
and now it seems that i
gave up my ghost of pride
ill neve say good byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I havnt really been following the South American tour too closely and havnt been watching much footage, they are coming to the UK this year and I dont want to over familiarise myself with the show before seeing it live. I'd be pretty disapointed if I dont get to see about 10 new songs when I go to the shows, couldnt give a flying fuck about setlists at shows I wasnt at though.
Only thing that I'm disapointed in GNR about this tour is these late starts, whats the fucking deal? Not even managing to get on before midnight, seriously? Thats weak.

The Reading/Leeds festival organiser say's he has been promised Axl wont be late, but I'm a little worried about the rest of a full UK tour if it happens, he doesnt seem to be trying at the moment to go onstage at a reasonable time for the audience, and it wont wash here. If they tried that midnight/1am starting crap in Glasgow in 2006 it would have been a bloodbath.
Not worth worrying about at the moment I suppose, but I'll be watching the first Euro dates with interest for sure.

But I really cant figure out whats so different about South America that he has to go on after midnight and its apparantly no big deal, unless I'm missing something obvious? hmm

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nobody said the setlist was perfect ...

war wrote:

my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans.

Best possible setlist for fans means the perfect setlist for me.

war wrote:

apparently anyone that doesn't bitch about unimportant stuff like gnr set lists in a world full of bigger issues, is a "fan boy". why do you care if the musicians like it or not? - that's on them. their job is to please the fans - not themselves. .

The performance is better if the musicians aren't bored of playing the same setlist.

Anyway, you are not aware that it's a Guns N' Roses forum, therefore minor things, like Axl Rose, Steven Adler, GN'R setlists are important topics here. So talking about how lame it is to play the same show every night is not fanboyism. Hailing it as the 'best for the fans' is fanboyism. Axl and his musicians did a great job in Asia and Canada, where they changed the setlist. I praised them for it. Now there is plenty of room for criticism.

war

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nobody said the setlist was perfect ...

war wrote:

my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans.

Best possible setlist for fans means the perfect setlist for me.

war wrote:

apparently anyone that doesn't bitch about unimportant stuff like gnr set lists in a world full of bigger issues, is a "fan boy". why do you care if the musicians like it or not? - that's on them. their job is to please the fans - not themselves. .

The performance is better if the musicians aren't bored of playing the same setlist.

Anyway, you are not aware that it's a Guns N' Roses forum, therefore minor things, like Axl Rose, Steven Adler, GN'R setlists are important topics here. So talking about how lame it is to play the same show every night is not fanboyism. Hailing it as the 'best for the fans' is fanboyism. Axl and his musicians did a great job in Asia and Canada, where they changed the setlist. I praised them for it. Now there is plenty of room for criticism.

Again with the insults - kinda masking the lack of substance, eh.

1- again - everyone has different wants and needs. Most want classic gnr. So what's best for you or i, isn't best for everyone.

2 - not if they are nailing the songs, which they are.

3- Calling a set list "about right" while backing it up with objective reasoning, including an admission that i would prefer a different set list couldn't be further from fan boyism. at this point you are throwing blind punches and wasting my time while doing so.

I am aware that this is a gnr forum and have been talking about gnr since i joined.

I'm not asking you to discuss Russia's arms treaty. I'm challenging you to 'Man Up and intelligently discuss the set list and accept that it is nothing more than preference and opinion rather than crying about what gnr is playing in a country you do not live in and insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i never even said it was "best possible" ... i said it was "a good setlist"

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

1- again - everyone has different wants and needs. Most want classic gnr. So what's best for you or i, isn't best for everyone.

2 - not if they are nailing the songs, which they are.

3- Calling a set list "about right" while backing it up with objective reasoning, including an admission that i would prefer a different set list couldn't be further from fan boyism. at this point you are throwing blind punches and wasting my time while doing so.

I am aware that this is a gnr forum and have been talking about gnr since i joined.

I'm not asking you to discuss Russia's arms treaty. I'm challenging you to 'Man Up and intelligently discuss the set list and accept that it is nothing more than preference and opinion rather than crying about what gnr is playing in a country you do not live in and insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

1, a different setlist is better for all concert goers, although everyone has favourites. You can't please all of them, but difference is _quality_ in this case.

2. you play guitar, as you mentioned earlier. Just tell me that you don't play a better 2-hour show if you are allowed to change the songs and order than when you are told to do the same again and again and again. Just tell me and I'll believe it.

3. I can handle different opinion very well, unlike ones who attack anyone who dares to say the setlist became boring. For even the band. Guns N' Roses is my all-time favourite band (well, not the current line-up), so I want them to live up to the fame. Reprise shows suck.

On the other hand, you say that I shouldn't 'cry' about them playing boring setlists, cause I'm not there. They became so predictable that if Axl's band happens to come to my country, then I could tell the exact order of songs. Well, I'm a 'hardcore', so I deserve it, right? But other artists I like play different shows and I can't tell which song will be the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the eleventh, etc. Cause they don't play safe game. That's what I expect from all my favourite artists. I don't care whether Britney Spears changes her shows or not. Playing the same shit is disprespect and I can't accept that from artists I like.

war

war wrote:

wtf

more?

i prefer changing setlists as a fan and as a performer i never said anything else was the case.

but if they are playing the songs well and it's to different fans each show which it is   

I DONT CARE

and think it's pathetic that people that aren't at the shows do.

i will be dissappointed if they are playing only 4 or 5 cd songs when they come to the states and will bitch about it after but only cause i paid to see cd world tour. if it's the same set list as the last 15 shows i won't care cause i didnt pay to see those shows.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

He is not trying to play note per note like Robin, the same goes on better outro.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Russ watch that and tell me how you think DJ does on the solo...

Honest opinion; it's still terrible.

wow...you're a tough nut to crack

Board footer