You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - April 4, 2010 (Praça da Apoteose)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed??? You seem grumpy today.:haha:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Dumbfuck? Please. I go to see my favourite artists, and if they play interesting and different shows, I go to see them more than once. I travelled 500 kilometers to see Tori Amos twice in a few days, cause I knew the setlist would be different. In her case, very different. But I don't travel a lot to see again a band, be it Axl Rose, Slash or Nick Cave or whoever, performing the same fuckin' setlist in the same order, with the same interludes.

Not to mention the artistic side of the repeated setlist: it's boring, it's playing safe and smells like a cash grab.

so let me get this straight, they are suppose to play a different setlist every night AND play for free? 19

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

The definition of cash grab has reached it's broadest.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Dumbfuck? Please. I go to see my favourite artists, and if they play interesting and different shows, I go to see them more than once. I travelled 500 kilometers to see Tori Amos twice in a few days, cause I knew the setlist would be different. In her case, very different. But I don't travel a lot to see again a band, be it Axl Rose, Slash or Nick Cave or whoever, performing the same fuckin' setlist in the same order, with the same interludes.

Not to mention the artistic side of the repeated setlist: it's boring, it's playing safe and smells like a cash grab.

so let me get this straight, they are suppose to play a different setlist every night AND play for free? 19

They are supposed to play a different setlist every night, yes, at least different consecutive shows. Before you ask me: no, an A setlist for odd and a B setlist for even dates wouldn't be good enough.

Not for free, of course. I know you got what I wrote, but wanna turn it into something else. So, for you, here is a very simple example: if you (indefinite personal pronoun) fuck your girlfriend every night in the same predictable way, the same rhythm, etc., than it cannot give much pleasure for either you (indefinite personal pronoun) or her. Why are you (indefinite personal pronoun) doing this if there isn't too much pleasure? Cause you (indefinite personal pronoun) want something from her, like getting dinner, money for booze etc. (Before you'd ask me: no, I don't want Axl fuck his fans every night, and I don't care about the monotonity of it.)

Back to the topic: if a band is playing the same fuckin' show every night then it's not for their pleasure and joy, not for the fans' happiness, but for a very non-artistic reason: money. But we all know that Axl Rose doesn't care about money. (If there is plenty to spend.)

war

war wrote:

gnr doesnt play to the same crowd every show.

worst analogy ever!!!

ofcourse what do we expect from someone who plays groupie to Tori Amos!!!!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

If you don't get it, then it's not my problem. It's a fanboy mentality to be satisfied with the idol's every move, even if he handles you like shit and only wants to get your money without too much effort. I'm not against Axl, I'm against every greedy 'star' who is playing safe game for the fans' hard-earned cash.

Mentioning Tori Amos as a disgrace in a setlist related conversation only shows how little you know about it.

Learn:

http://toriset.org/index.php?t=11&n=0&d=0&l=0&s=s&o=u

war

war wrote:

you sure make the same mistake often, saying how much other people don't know about this or that while not knowing, yourself, how wrong you are. people not complaining about the set list aren't fan boys - they just don't care cause chancs are 99.99 percent that they are only going to see one show. my guess is, everyone, in gnr (axl included) would rather do 20 different songs every show but are doing what works the best for the fans. to me, that's the way it should be. as far as tori amos, grow some balls and u wouldn't be so intimidated by other's preferences and opinions and, in this case, JOKES. loosen up, man.

Board footer