You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Musical Instruments Thread

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

here i am

Neemos a dude !!!! I jacked to like... all your posts

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

played that Marshall Haze 40W tube in the shop yesterday...pretty cool sounding

but like $900..too rich for my blood

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

some peopel are jackasses...i was looking on kijiji today and there is this guy that has a lespaul jr for sale....but he is asking $225, so i tried to talk him down but he really beleives that it is worth that....i emailed him a link for the same guitar new....its $150 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well apparently i'm the only one in this thread anymore 16

anyway right now i have a Line 6 Spider II 30W and i'm looking at moving up in the world...thinking of bumping up to the Spider IV 75W (think that'll be loud enough to jam with a PA? .... anyway its a pretty crazy beast check it out...

its a modeling amp with 16 amp models including
Marshall® JCM 900
1973 Hiwatt® custom 100
’65 Twin Reverb
Fender® blackface Deluxe Reverb
Vox® AC-30
EL84 circuit of a Divided By 13 9/15 Model.
’53 Fender® wide panel
Gretsch® 6156
‘68 Marshall® Plexi 50 Watt
2005 Orange® AD-30TC
‘68 Marshall® Plexi 100 watt
Diezel® Herbert, the 180
Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®

plus over 300 artist-created presets and almost 200 song-based presets, including presets by 4tus, Ashba and Bumble big_smile

http://line6.com/spideriv/sounds75.html

then an additional 64 spots for user presets

and i already have the express footswitch combined with a volume/wah pedal

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

oh yeah...i'm currently tackling the song Sober by TooL ... so far all i can get is a sound which i can only describe as being close to "skinning a Cat"

need to work on my Bends

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

ok i'll continue my domination of this thread...

ya know what pissess me off huge is when people tab stuff that is totally wrong...i mean i do appreciate the effort and some of them are really good, but most of the ones out there are crap...but even worse is when you go through the effort and expense of buying a mag or tablature book and its totally wrong...for instance once i bought the sheet music for guitar/vocal for GooGoo DOlls Iris and its totally fucked...not even close a waste of $$$,... but more recently i got a hold of Nickelbacks ALl the right reasons...to learn Rockstar...cuz i think its a kickass fun tune...anyway they call up Eb (B Bar Shape @ 6th fret) then F (Bar chord @ 1st fret) so i'm tryin to play it and it sounds like shit (not to mention that its nearly impossible and very cumbersome to accomplish that chord change) so anyway i go to ultimate guitar and the tabs on there are even worse than the book... so youtube it is...looking for a lesson vid...an they are bad too....so i track down some youtube of the band.....and its totally not how they do it...they play these 2 chords instead

e-X--------X
B-4--------6
G-3--------5
D-1--------3
A-1--------3
E-X--------X
   Eb         F

anyway it was gay that they fucked it up and i'm glad i didnt buy the book just for that tune...but on the other hand its neat to learn new obscure chords like that...at least i've never seen that before

another cool chord is the one they use in Tomorrow by SIlver chair...its a movable one as well, the configuration shown below is an A

e-5
B-5
G-6
D-7
A-X
E-X

and that slide up to the 10th (D) fret and then back to the 8th fret (C) and back to the 10th

anyway fun stuff (at least for me) big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

anyway here is my current songs i'm working on/know

STP - Plush
Nirvana - About a Girl/Come as you are
GnR - Patience, Don't Cry, Sweet Child O' Mine, Mr Brownstone
Metallica - Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters
Tesla - Love Song
Green Day - Holiday, Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Silver Chair - Tomorrow
TooL - Sober
Nickelback - Rockstar
Marcy's Playground - Sex and Candy
4 Non-Blondes - What's Up
Alice in Chains - Nutshell, Rooster, Got Me Wrong

i know them in various differnet stages..the ones i'm actively working on right now are Nutshell, Sober, Tomorrow, Rockstar & Holiday .. pretty much got nutshell down...including leads

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

anyone happen to have sheet music for stone sour's - say you'll haunt me?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Someone I didnt notcie updates to this thread for like 1/2 a year. Wierd. Sounds like you've been kicking ass on guitar theough neemo.

Board footer