You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 340 

Re: Musical Instruments Thread

bigbri wrote:

Learning octaves on guitar. They suck.

Neemo
 Rep: 482 

Neemo wrote:

Managed to score a gibson custom shop historic 1958 les paul reissue in a trade

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Managed to score a gibson custom shop historic 1958 les paul reissue in a trade

Nice!  We talked probably 10 years ago about this, when I just got my Epiphone Gibson. The 4 knobs confused me to which did which. I have a fairly cheap Yamaha acoustic that I just had a local tech add an electric pickup too and he tuned up both guitars (sounds cheesy but I didn't wanna touch the acoustic with a hole for the plug) restrung them etc. I was playing for a bit then slowed down a few years ago, picked it back up this year. New found interest.

Love it, can't solo much, campfire guitarist lol. Would love to hear the tone & playing of that, must be a beauty.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

and, I just loved the sound of the Yamaha acoustic. Funny, I went in expecting to pay around 400 for a Fender or something, darker woody Wilco sound. But happened to test out the Yamaha and it was more a California Jack Johnson/Janes Addiction sound. Tried playing the others and just came back to it.  It was only 220 at guitar center and I said to the guy 'Am I wrong here, I seem to like this sound better'. I think it suits my style, I dunno. I considered upgrading but don't think I will on that.

Neemo
 Rep: 482 

Neemo wrote:

I built a telecaster...Keith Richards inspired project...

WjOkTjo.jpg
yAoL91y.jpg

Board footer