You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Musical Instruments Thread

Stepvhen wrote:

Yeah youg got it internalised and then you go into flow. Like when you see a guitarist do amazingly hard solo with their eyes closed and head back just lost in the flow of what they are doing.

Theres actually a page about that on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

Its amazing stuff

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I've just seen a used Takamine EG330SC guitar, for a relatively good price ($440). I used to have an old Japanese Takamine, that had a very unique sound, but had to sell it, when I bought another guitar. Has anyone played Takamine EG 330 SC or do you know somebody who did? I read pretty good reviews on the net and the youtube videos sound promising.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Funny you should ask, that's the acoustic I have. I love it. It's not a very bright guitar, but you'll sure cary a rhythm.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Funny you should ask, that's the acoustic I have. I love it. It's not a very bright guitar, but you'll sure cary a rhythm.

You're my man! 5

By "not very bright" you mean it's not a Taylor, Ovation or Seagull? I know it's not a professional instrument, but as far as I know it's not that far from those. Good enough for a "bedroom guitarist". 14 

Please help me: how are the highs and lows sounding? Does the GN'R/Slash, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones stuff sound good on it? Good for appreggios, or better for full chords? How does the bluesy stuff sound on it?

Did you have problems with the electronica? Is it noisy plugged in? Better plugged or unplugged?

Any problem with the bends or the neck?

I think I have a lot of questions. Thanks in advance. 5:rock:

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Well Taylor's are more balanced. Not sure about the Seagull, but it's definitely not as bright as an Ovation. It's more than enough for a bedroom guitarist. It's got a solid top, so it's not an entry level guitar by any means.

The mids and lows are where this thing shines. It'll do anything rhythm with no problem. It's not that it doesn't have clear highs, they just don't shine as much as the lows. It's a little lower than the Slash acoustic sound. Think intro to "Civil War," which I think Izzy played with a jumbo. Arpeggios are just fine, it's very pronounced. Chords really shine on it. It's really good for bluesy stuff, as it's a little darker.

Electronically this thing is awesome. I've gigged out with it, and have had no problems with noise or degradation of sound. Plugged in, it's not bad, but when I've recorded it I've always mic'd it up, as I would with any acoustic/electric, even if it were a Martin. You just don't get the "wood" sound through an acoustic pickup.

I've never had problems with the neck. I play really heavy gauge strings, so I can't comment too much on the bends, as it's pretty much impossible at my tension.

Hope this helped!

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Hope this helped!

Thank You! I'll try out that Takamine today or tomorrow. I'll tell you about my experience - maybe even upload a pic of my new guitar wink

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i have a samick semi/acoustic its a great guitar though its an older model...but samick used to be the japanese equive of a fender...anyway i love this guitar, i will never get rid of it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Hope this helped!

Thank You! I'll try out that Takamine today or tomorrow. I'll tell you about my experience - maybe even upload a pic of my new guitar wink

Did you end up getting it?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Hope this helped!

Did you end up getting it?

Yeah, I bought it, but forgot to tell. I'm happy with the Taka, it sounds just like you described. The lows could be fatter, but the strings are a bit old, I'd have to change them, but it'd cause a lot of things, and I'm lazy to get that done. (It has 0.13 strings, I wanna change to a bit thinner set, but it could effect the neck/tuning etc.)
The Taka is quite easy to play, the neck is just perfect for me. I haven't played this much for years. I really like it, thanks for the info! 5

Board footer