You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Reading, United Kingdom - August 27, 2010 (Reading Festival)

Olorin wrote:
Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Good ol' Daily Star takes the biscuit:

AXL ROSE SACKS CREW AFTER NAP DISASTER

AXL Rose should rename his band Guns N'™ Snoozes after it was revealed he was busy napping when due on stage at both Reading and Leeds Festivals.

Furious Sweet Child O'™ Mine singer Axl Rose sacked his entire tour crew after Guns n' Roses Reading slot over-ran on Friday and landed him a whopping fine.

In fact, he had been kipping backstage in his dressing room after arriving on site at 6pm.

With his team under strict orders not to disturb him, it meant he eventually hit the stage an hour late. And disaster hit again on Sunday in Leeds when the plug was pulled early for a second time.

A source told me: 'Axl has a very firm rule that he is not to be woken up whenever he is asleep. That proved costly at Reading.�� 

Determined to finish Paradise City, the 48-year-old sang through a megaphone after his mic was turned off.

Then offstage he kicked off. My source continued: 'Axl was furious. He refused to take responsibility and blamed his team so he sacked them.

'Then he realised it was too late to fly in anyone else from America so he had to rehire them for Leeds.�� 

But things went wrong again up north.

Axl ranted on stage at 11.15pm: 'We were guaranteed to play till 11.58 but they are telling us to end our set.

'The festival promoters just want to f*** you.

'We'™re 35 miles from Leeds in a field in the middle of nowhere, who cares?�� 

Festival boss Melvin Benn denied any extra time had been agreed.

I think Axl needs to take a chill pill instead of a sleeping tablet on his flight back to the States

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/vie … -disaster/

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

^^ What?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

After all the guessing the Daily Star has finally cracked the late start mystery that has surrounded GNR since 1987. Axl takes a nap before his performance and then oversleeps past the start time. It all makes sense now.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Seriously is that article true?  It wouldn't surprise me that everybody walks around on egg shells and is too scared to wake the sleeping beast even if it means going on late.

But sacking the entire crew - surely that can't be accurate???

If it is true - lol.  I'm past being outtraged about this stuff I just think it's highly entertaining now.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

lol, the Daily Star is only good for gossip, tits and ass. They are like The Sun, except without the delusion they are a serious newspaper.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ok if it's like The Sun then I will take it as being that probably about 5% of what they said may have a hint of accuracy to it.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

lol , "Chinese Democracy - snooze you lose"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha

or axl snoozes, crew loses

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Damn, looks like the BBC has taken the videos down off of youtube.  WTTJ seems to still be up, but that's it. 

At least we can't blame GNR for this.  Or can we????

Board footer