You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash album reviews

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't get how one could not like "Watch This"...  It rocks!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah, it's a monster! 3

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm on my 2nd time through

pretty impressed tbh

i mean there are times where the songs kinda lose it in the middle, like a interlude was added for the sake of keeping tracks around 4 minutes or so...beautiful dangerous kinda does that IMO

didnt care for the Mshadows tune too much first time through, seems out of slash's element kinda, and the starlight myles tune was kinda bad

the cornell tune is really cool IMO...from me thats alot, ask james, the solo is killer on that song and cornell impresses, the adam levine song is surprisingly good too

the ozzy track, back from cali, promise. by the sword, gotten, i hold on, watch this, we're all gona die....great stuff

dont know if kennedy is t he right guy for the tour though, i'm up in the air about him

the tracks with izzy, duff and adler you really catch glimpses of what made AFD so special... i think that if the orig 5 got back together there might be a surprise at how much lightning is still left in that proverbial bottle....(Crosses finger for 2012)

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah, it's a monster! 3

My favorite, by a long way. I still dream of a Slash instrumental album. This has only made me want it even more.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

i  love the entire album now

it really has something for everybody and it has staying power IMO.

Saint is a Sinner too is fucking wicked if u are in the proper mood for it.

sounds like an after funeral march or something... it kinda haunts and disturbs me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I've only listened to the entire album once now, though I've listened to the first 12 songs multiple times.  I left the last 2 for somewhat of a surprise.  Anyway, my initial thoughts on "Saint Is A Sinner Too".  I think it's a beautiful song and I really feel like I should love it.  But I don't.  Does that make sense?  It just didn't do it for me.  That could change though.  Could be a similar case as "This I Love".  I didn't like that at first either but could sense the beauty behind it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I appreciate your honest reviews....  To me there are so many strong songs on this album.  Ghost is solid, Promise is solid, but something is just so fucking cool about Back from Cali.  Gotten has grown on me so much, its a good song, period.  Starlight, Saint is  a Sinner Too, and We're all gonna die is a great way to end the album.  I don't "hate" any songs...  Crucify the Dead and I'll Hold on are both decent, and they are two that if I had to rate would be towards the bottom of my favorites for the album.  Watch This just owns...  Its a very good rock album.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash 'Slash'

4/2/2010
Kim Alsumiri 
http://thecelebritycafe.com/reviews/slash-04-02-2010

So I did not know that I was a Slash fan until listening to his new self-titled album. The infamous guitarist expertly combines his talents with a wide variety of artists in a spectacular album. Guest artists on the album include Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie, Iggy Pop, Myles Kennedy, Dave Grohl, Adam Levine, Taylor Hawkins, Ian Astbury, Izzy Stradlin, Chris Cornell, Andrew Stockdale, Lemmy, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows, Rocco DeLuca, and Kid Rock.

The 14 track album crossed musical boundaries with surprising ease. Track two, "Crucify the Dead," featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Taylor Hawkins, was a tribute to classic Ozzy and yet Slash's guitar pieces brought it down a notch to be just a touch softer.

"Gotten," featuring Adam Levine, was more of a mellow song that anyone could enjoy. I can picture it as part of a movie soundtrack following a character along a rough yet poignant patch in the storyline. Perhaps my favorite track and the one that surprised me the most was "Beautiful Dangerous" featuring Fergie. Not knowing that she could sound so hard, she perfectly matches Slash on the guitar.

Ranging from classic rock to more haunting melodies, Slash is an expert blend of old and new that I have to give Slash credit for. Highly recommend this album to existing Slash fans and those who have yet to discover they are fans. Check for it on April 6.

Rating: 4.00Stars

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash 'Slash'

4/2/2010
Kim Alsumiri 
http://thecelebritycafe.com/reviews/slash-04-02-2010

So I did not know that I was a Slash fan until listening to his new self-titled album. The infamous guitarist expertly combines his talents with a wide variety of artists in a spectacular album. Guest artists on the album include Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie, Iggy Pop, Myles Kennedy, Dave Grohl, Adam Levine, Taylor Hawkins, Ian Astbury, Izzy Stradlin, Chris Cornell, Andrew Stockdale, Lemmy, Duff McKagan, M. Shadows, Rocco DeLuca, and Kid Rock.

The 14 track album crossed musical boundaries with surprising ease. Track two, "Crucify the Dead," featuring Ozzy Osbourne and Taylor Hawkins, was a tribute to classic Ozzy and yet Slash's guitar pieces brought it down a notch to be just a touch softer.

"Gotten," featuring Adam Levine, was more of a mellow song that anyone could enjoy. I can picture it as part of a movie soundtrack following a character along a rough yet poignant patch in the storyline. Perhaps my favorite track and the one that surprised me the most was "Beautiful Dangerous" featuring Fergie. Not knowing that she could sound so hard, she perfectly matches Slash on the guitar.

Ranging from classic rock to more haunting melodies, Slash is an expert blend of old and new that I have to give Slash credit for. Highly recommend this album to existing Slash fans and those who have yet to discover they are fans. Check for it on April 6.

Rating: 4.00Stars

Wow, winning over some new fans!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

All my non GNR die hard friends are LOVING this album!!!

Board footer