You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash album reviews

Smoking Guns wrote:

All my non die hard GNR friends that now have the album cannot stop listening to it, they love it.  One friend's quote, "I thought being a Slash album it would sound really dated, but I must admit, I caught myself humming some of the songs only after a listen or two, so I decided to give the album another spin, I am now blown away and can't stop playing it.  Songs I didn't like at first I now love, its a very impressive album."  My other friend's favorite two bands are Kings of Leon and Dave Matthews Band, and he too loves the album.  Its crazy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the nice thing about a diverse album is that almost everybody can find something that they like on it.  I think the downside is that very few are going to like everything on it.

I think it lacks the fluidity (sp?) of having the same singer throughout.  I like some of the songs, but it doesn't flow very well as an album for me.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I haven't listened to the album since the week it came out.  I will listen to it again, no doubt, but it's not something that grabbed me and had me running back for more.  Good album, but nothing more.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I like a couple tracks. Watch This is pretty damn amazing. Love it. Want more like that. And, uh, By The Sword.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly, every song is so damn different, it kind of keeps your attention for sure!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

I haven't listened to the album since the week it came out.  I will listen to it again, no doubt, but it's not something that grabbed me and had me running back for more.  Good album, but nothing more.

Play it a couple more times and it will begin to grab you, its crazy.  I agree, its a good album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, after a few listens even the so-so tracks started to stand out. It's a good album, with some great moments, but overall, pretty solid throughout.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The critics are so much harder on this album than the people that actually own it.  I haven't met a person in real life yet that doesn't really enjoy the album.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The critics are so much harder on this album than the people that actually own it.  I haven't met a person in real life yet that doesn't really enjoy the album.

Same as, yet I don't really love it as much as they do. The Ozzy tune is getting huge love

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah, I've witnessed the same thing.  The only people that I've heard really complain about the album outside of the critics are some GNR fans.

Board footer