You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Slash album reviews

bigbri wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The critics are so much harder on this album than the people that actually own it.  I haven't met a person in real life yet that doesn't really enjoy the album.

Yeah, I've witnessed the same thing.  The only people that I've heard really complain about the album outside of the critics are some GNR fans.

The majority of reviews have been positive, what are you guys smoking? Check this thread.

I would say the people who own this album are loving it, but I frankly haven't met anyone who has it or anyone who actually knows it's out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I've read plenty of negative reviews on the album from the press.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
faldor wrote:

I've read plenty of negative reviews on the album from the press.

Are we talking press or critics? Press, as in newspapers, mags, TV, radio, seem to have given this great reviews. Again, the evidence is in this thread. Critics, encompassing everyone else, are more mixed but still more positive. I just don't see the avalanche of bad press/reviews for Slash. If we're even going to start down that road as to why the CD is underachieving, don't.

I finally got the album and I have really been enjoying it. The songs are cool, pretty much what I expected, there are some songs that I don't like, just like any other album, but it's a really solid album and is really good, just like with anything fuck the haters. 9 21

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

just like that I find songs sticking in my head.
its a bit of a no brainer album but fuck it I like it.
Its honest to God meat and potatoes rock and its a great summer album so fuck the haters!!

Board footer