You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Slash & Adam Levine Ellen Performance

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I still think that after hearing a snippet of Back From Cali on Triple M (local crappy excuse for a Sydney rock station), that it could do well on the radio. They should release it as promo for the Australian tour, especially with the fact that Myles is the singer for the solo tour.

But then again, the Aussie shows have sold out anyway, so unless it will mean more album sales, I guess Slash would be happy with his successes in Australia so far.

Edit* I just checked the local charts and "Slash" is already out of the top 20, so maybe he could do with another boost to album sales.

It's almost out of the top 50. 

And I think some of the songs ARE doing well on radio, but that doesn't translate to album sales these days.  Especially with an album like this.  When you have a different singer for every song, people are more likely to just pick the song(s) they like and buy them individually rather than take a chance on 10+ singers they could care less about.

By The Sword is a good song, and it hasn't had much of an impact.  So I'm not sure there is a song on the album that could give it a second wind.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I guess I really understand where all the CD fans are coming from these days.  I don't really care how much the album sells.  I like some of it, I don't care for some of it, but I just enjoy the stuff I do like.  Selling more or less copies has no effect on enjoying the songs I like at all.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Obviously that's true, but it's the nature of the beast.  People are always going to be interested in the bottom line, units sold.  Overall, the public perception for the album has been really good from what I have gathered.  Outside of the GNR world I can't say I've heard one person say they don't like it.  EVERYONE seems to love "Ghost", and a number of other songs.  Quite a contrast to the general publics take on CD.  That doesn't really surprise me all that much.  In contrast, this album seemed to get much harsher reviews than CD, which is a little surprising to me.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think sales will pick up, since the beginning I've thought Gotten would do well, it'll be interesting to see. The album will do well in the UK, he gets a lot of exposure here, helped by the fact he has a promotional deal with Classic Rock Magazine and Rock Radio. It would be a bit of an embarressment for them if it flopped considering how much they and Slash have shoved it down our thoats, but in reality it wont flop.

But its not a great album, to me its just quirky, theres no longevity in any of the songs. Slash would be wise to milk this moment for all its worth in a relative flurry, but I think thats what his plan is anyway, he's everywhere.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Eh, sounds like Maroon 5. Their followup album didn't do very much, I'm not sure this single would either. It isn't a hook like Kid Rock & Sheryl Crowes Picture or Santana & Rob Thomas' Smooth were.  Just an average sappy song. I like the guitar & Slash, just not really the vox. I don't think it's a smash hit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe the Kid Rock Tune has the best chance for a hit.  I would love to see Starlight take off, but it probably wouldn't. 

Kid Rock
Fergie
Back From Cali
Gotten

One of these 4 songs needs to be the next single.

The only other two with any hope would be Starlight and Ghost.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

If we don't get a live performance with Iggy Pop by years end I'll strip down to my underwear and karaoke "We're All Gonna Die" at the local C&W biker bar and out it up on YouTube for you.

faldor

faldor wrote:

While I'm not a big Ellen fan, I do think it's cool Slash is getting out there and performing as many of these songs with the individual singers as he can.  I would like to see Kid Rock join him somewhere down the road to perform "I Hold On".  Maybe when/if Slash plays in the Detroit area.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

that was a great performance of that song 9

Board footer