You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl fires back at Irv with lawsuit

Sky Dog wrote:

His legal name is not William Bill Bailey...he named himself as W. Axl Rose in the lawsuit he filed over the Greatest Hits and he is named as W Axl Rose on ascap writing credits. It's his legal name and I am quite certain Azoff knows this.

Sky Dog wrote:

Interesting bullshit from mygnr which originated here....seems like BBA is at it again ...:haha:

http://www.chinesedemocracyforum.com/in … pic=2517.0

Rumor:

Universal did not want to release Chinese Democracy due to the high expectations of the Guns N' Roses album. Former Guns N' Roses Manager Azoff convinced them to release the album with tracks that have already been leaked with some weaker songs. Azoff also promised that for the release of the next album, that he would have Slash and Duff back in the band. Slash would rework all of Robin Fincks parts and Duff would add some filler parts in. The following album was to have a new name instead of Chinese Democracy II. Several names had been tossed around: "Guns N' Roses", "Reloaded", "Black-Out". Universal felt that the tracks for the follow up album would make a very strong rock record.

In the USA, both Wal-Mart and Best Buy were competing for having exclusive rights to sell the album because of it's novelty. When Wal-Mart representatives heard the tracks, they knew it was not going to sell because it was an average album and pulled out. Best Buy had been used as leverage multiple times against Wal-Mart for exclusive album deals. Best Buy was so hungry to get an big exclusive deal that they jumped at the chance even though it broke them for their Holiday advertising and had nothing to promote the album with. Universal and Azoff won big on the deal.

Azoff told Finck that he was fired, leaving Axl short a guitarist. Axl had no clue that this happened. Azoff tried to convince Axl that it made good business sense to bring in Slash. It would have helped album sales. Then Azoff told Axl that he was working on a Mega Tour with Van Halen and to make things work They wanted Slash in Guns N' Roses. Axl said he might be open to it, if the tour can be worked out. The tour never materialized, Axl went on a search for another guitarist. Azoff and Universal were not happy with it. Axl along with other management brought in Ashba and set new tour dates with the intention of releasing Chinese Democracy II in the near future.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Seems like a combination of fan-fiction and just filling in the gaps with wishful thinking.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....however, I always thought the VH stuff was bullshit and it proved to be very accurate. I don't think we can ever dismiss anything with this circus.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The good news is that following Guns n Roses (and all ex-members) is the gift that keeps on giving.  Just when you think nothing else can happen (good or bad), something else happens. 

Where else can you get that for free?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

BBA is so full of shit I can smell his BS through my Blackberry.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

On the one hand, the "leaked and weaker" tracks makes sense. Out of ~70 tracks, the handful that leak are on the record with B-side crap (opinion) like Scraped and This I Love. None are certifiable hits. Catcher, as revealed on this forum a few months ago, was only included after a bit of arm twisting done to Axl.

On the other hand, it seems that the tracks that DID make the album were intended to all along. Axl had mentioned them, played them live, and even offered Shackler's Revenge as the first "official" track in Rock Band 2, a move no one would have signed off on if it were considered a "weaker" track. If The World was on the setlist in 2006, as well.

I don't count anything out when it comes to this band (although Azoff firing Finck behind Axl's back is just implausible, and Axl would never be open to Slash rejoining, that's clear.), and it helps the OP's cause when he admits that what he's posting is "a rumor I heard," and not privileged info.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Is it confirmed that Adler is BBA? I don't post on other forums, so is it known?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think we should start a contest to make up stories that explain everything that happened since 1994.  Winner gets 2 free concert tickets if they ever tour near them.  Each submission costs $10 paypal with any left over money going to a great charity.  Who is in?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer