You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Weiland Arrested Again

then i'd say he does deserve the max cuz he obviously hasn't learned yet that its not cool to drive while under the influence..

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

SCOTT WEILAND To Fans: I'm No Choir Boy - Dec. 13, 2007 

According to TMZ.com, VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant last night at Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir."

Watch video footage of the rant at this location.

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

He has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

Weiland faces a "maximum penalty of one year county jail and a $1,000 fine, and a minimum penalty eight days in jail," in light of his prior conviction and refusal to take a drug test, Los Angeles City Attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan said in a statement. He added that Weiland's car could be impounded for no more than 30 days.

On November 21, the former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer was arrested, when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Heres the updated version:

Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver rocked out in Hollywood last night, and the frontman made a point to remind the crowd that aging rockers are no role models. Uh, Keith Richards?

Weiland, who was recently charged with driving under the influence of drugs, went on an on-stage rant about not believing everything you hear, and reminding everyone that VR is not the "Mormon Tabernacle F**king Choir." Ya think?

A source backstage at the show tells TMZ, "Scott looked out of it ... he kept away from the rest of the band and didn't take any pictures."

Weiland was set to face a judge this morning in criminal court for his most recent DUI bust, but the case was continued until January 17.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Tommie wrote:

A source backstage at the show tells TMZ, "Scott looked out of it ... he kept away from the rest of the band and didn't take any pictures."

Gee i wonder why....if you faced jail time how would you feel about hanging out with the media?

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

I wonder if Scott dose go to jail will Velvet Revolver
get a replacement for the tour,wait till he gets out of jail
to continue on with  the band or call it a day & have a reunion
in a few years. Only speculating from what I have read in the press
but Scott dose not seem overly concerned about his action with statements
like Im not a choir boy & so on? Maybe it's a farce or maybe it's the punker in him lashing out?

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I agree no one ever wants to face the media after an incident like this but ostracizing yourself from your business partners/band mates is a step in the wrong direction. The void is deep unless you fill it...

A conviction for the full year is unlikely unless he gets in more trouble, a past pattern for Weiland. ... He needs to beware of running those old self defeated tapes... Not submitting to the test was the first intelligent thing he has done as an addict ever (guess he has been goi9ng to meetings), but a trip to rehab after Christmas never hurts the dysfunctional, if he needs it he should go.

Frankly I think stepping away from this project for a minute to focus on his label and reach out to some ghost from his not to recent past would be the move to make... ...to be unlike the rest of the industry and reach out a bit more to other artist is the  thing to do...It is after all Christmas...Being self absorbed is such a bore after a minute. Plus a change of venue form LA, would do him some good. No place to be unless your working...My personal opinion is he is getting complacent with what he is doing...Bored angry Los Angeles, bad combo....

Board footer