You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

war wrote:
faldor wrote:
war wrote:

unless cd2 (what's left of the bucket/finck era) is on par with cd1 or better, no way universal releases it "as is". the next release would be the best of everything available from all eras IMO (bucket, finck, ron, ashba).

I think the problem(s) may be the somewhat strained relationship between Axl and Universal.  They're probably not in a hurry to rush, release, and promote a new GNR CD after the entire saga of the last one.  And at the same time Axl probably wants more of a commitment from them than they got the last time.  I'd find it hard to believe that negotiations would be anything but long and arduous.

Plus, as people have pointed out in the past, the aura and mystique of CD and GNR's first album in 15 years is long gone now.  Universal doesn't have that built in promotion that helped the record sell as well as it did.  A second album probably wouldn't sell nearly as well even if it was worlds better than the first, assuming everything was handled in the same manner.

exactly my point. the next release will have to be a great album in order for it to be moderately successful. but regardless of that as well as universal's relationhip status with axl it is a business and no matter how you look at it axl still owes them music. no way he spent 14 million dollars on the 14 songs we have. universal has already paid for a future release or 2. might as well get some money back from it and any new gnr album will do that.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Manets wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Ok, so where did the new album in November pushed back from July and the new song on RB3 thing come from? This article?

because I find it difficult to get pumped about a new album being written - theres no way thats coming out any time soon and to be honest, im more interested in the Bucket/Brain/Finck stuff than I am about this Ashba chap.

Nope. Rumored insiders.

MSL confirmed it too.

so where are these rumours coming from? what basis do these rumours have? who are your sources etc...

What do you mean? The info is from GNR insiders, it means it's kind of from GNR itself. What would stop anyone from the GNR camp to trade info for songs (and vice-versa) and then become the biggest hoarder ever? Because that's what happened.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Sounds like ancient chinese secret.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Manets wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Manets wrote:

Nope. Rumored insiders.

MSL confirmed it too.

so where are these rumours coming from? what basis do these rumours have? who are your sources etc...

What do you mean? The info is from GNR insiders, it means it's kind of from GNR itself. What would stop anyone from the GNR camp to trade info for songs (and vice-versa) and then become the biggest hoarder ever? Because that's what happened.

chjsjhkcsjkxabdfddsaj; I;wepuyo;i'pwip;adsh'LAS dfds ' 'GO' GU'DFGOUfdJ;sj.khdOSU WE'OEudgfjdsd m

Impostor
 Rep: 4 

Impostor wrote:

I've got blisters on my fingers!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you been playing with fire?

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Most likely unrelated but i've just been listening to the latest IGN podcast and they were making fun of the huge $1,000,000 embargo they have been given,  to not mention what they heard on rockband 3.
Basically they said how the embargo was ridiculously huge for a game.

Just putting it out there.

......................does sound like something Axl would do 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well the rumor is for a new piano feature for RB3 ... maybe NR will be on there

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You really think they'd put a song on there that people actually want?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Manets wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Manets wrote:

Nope. Rumored insiders.

MSL confirmed it too.

This sounds very interesting, could you elaborate?

Board footer