You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Belfast, Northren Ireland - August 31, 2010 (Odyssey Arena)

AtariLegend wrote:
Olorin wrote:

My Northern Irish mate was telling me last night its quite common for large parts of the community to wait until the day of the gig before buying tickets, almost like a custom or something...

We're a very small country not a big village tongue, though the country does get skipped over by the biggest acts.

There's no way this show doesn't sell enough tickets. Velvet Rev... sold it out 5 yrs ago I remember, i was there.. ...And "Gn'R" are one of those biggest acts with Nirvana and Metallica that you grow up listening to in high school, cause everything on radio these days sucks.

I can't go see my favorite band of all time for other reasons though sad.

...But i hope Axl4Life, Olorin have a brilliant time. ...And yes there was promotion I heard on the radio around the time of the anoucement for the show at least, haven't listened to the radio since.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Shit one Atari, was assuming u already had your ticket. Doubt it will be as accomodating as the Slash gig but thanks Atari.

johndivney wrote:

they do have ad spots running on the radio quite a lot actually & ad's in the papers on an almost daily basis. i was actually surprised at the amount of promo for the show tbh.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cant decide on flying or sailing. Never flew before and dont particuarly want to, but wouldnt mind getting it over and done with in the short flight to Belfast.
On the other hand, I kinda like the idea of sailing across the water, getting the train down the coast and taking in the scenery with a drink in hand. Many hours and many drinks it would take though...

AtariLegend wrote:

I haven't been to Larne Harbour... or can't remember, but almost all of the train route in NI involves looking out a window at Trees.

Scenery... lol.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Wont the ferry trip enable me to take in some scenery? I thought the train went right down the coast also 10

And I like trees.

johndivney wrote:

the flights from belfast 2 the mainland & vice versa are short but really horrible! on the boat it takes a bit longer but you can have a bit of craic & get nicely warmed up for the gig in a way you can't on the plane..

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I'll be heading to this early first thing tomorrow morning. Does anyone want me to send them updates for the forum or anything. Only if something worth mentioning happens of course...

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

I'll be heading to this early first thing tomorrow morning. Does anyone want me to send them updates for the forum or anything. Only if something worth mentioning happens of course...

yep  i would think we all would like pix , video, fan reactions to opening, do they start on time? if now how late? any rants, your fav part of show. anything you want to share would be awesome.

Grats to you guys getting to go !

Board footer