You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The World Cup 2010

Aside from the Green blunder that game would have ended up a dull but comfortable 1-0 win. Unfortunately it did and we'll have to move on. Worst thing is it could well be down to goal difference now who comes out of our group 1st and 2nd, which isn't ideal considering 2nd place in our group will most likely meet Germany in the 2nd round.

I agree on Heskey, he is good at holding the ball up but nothing else, he doesn't have a strikers intinct at all. Last night when Lennon played it across the box Heskey was stood directly behind Rooney, a pointless position to take up as he'll never get the ball there, either it will come to Rooney who'll shoot or it'll miss them both (which is what happened). Much rather have Crouch who's usually good for a goal or two for England. Having said that I'd go with 5 in midfield and Rooney on his own in the next game.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

Is nice to see that some of you like soccer, from a Brazilian point of view..

Soccer World Series...is the World Cup dude , Nation X Nation is not like baseball team x team or NBA finals  ...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

How come the TV doesn't  know how much "extra time" there is??  Can't they sync up the TV clock to the refs official timekeeping?   Or is that part of the fun/tradition of the sport?!

Good Game. I watched it all and plan to watch what I can.  Yeah, the goal was weak but we'll take it.  When England scored quickly it didn't look good, so you gotta give the US credit for shutting them out for 85 minutes.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

RLWC_GB1954.jpg

_1645764_kaiser2_as.jpg

2006-05-30__sports01.jpg

It's time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^ Is that Germany?  They won 4-0 yesterday, right?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yes. With 17 appearances, 11 semifinals and 7 finals they are imo THE World Cup team in history. Although traditionally labeled as a boring and defensive team, the war obviously didn't help matters, they have the last couple of championships showed intelligent and attacking football like few others. They have also never lost a penalty shootout.

Here's to Der Manschaft 2010!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Certainly looked strong yesterday although Australia were pretty poor. Certainly not relishing an England v Germany second round game should the dice roll that way.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Those assholes making that annoying fucking sound the whole 90mins that sound like a swarm of 10 billion wasps, need to just fuck off...but for some reason they are there to stay..what a set of pricks

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The sound is a disaster for the WC.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

THE World Cup team in history is Brasil 5 times world champions.

Joga bonito.

Germany who ?

Board footer