You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The World Cup 2010

Axl S wrote:

Well that's depressing. Technically the yanks have beaten us... We best get further through the knockout stages then.

But we've got Germany and then after probably Argentina so we've not got a chance.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

No, you're out of luck. Fab said it didn't matter if it was Serbia or Germany. That's bullshit. If you're lucky with the rounds, you can meet crap teams all the way up to the semi finals, making others beat each other out. Most likely you'll be knocked out by Germany, but if you do scrape togheter a win and I do have hopes you might, you will face Argentina and that's TWO major teams. When England went to the semis in 90, they played like crap the first games, did a well draw with Holland and managed a 1-0 win over sucky Egypt. Then you won 1-0 over mediocre Belgium and almost got knocked out by Cameroon. In the semis England actually did play well but lost on pens.

And, a flop World Cup will most likely all be on that Yank goal on over-time, sending you in with much harder teams to be played.

If you do meet Argentina, hope for pens and some luck.

AtariLegend wrote:

^

I missed Argentina beating... Brazil, Spain and Netherlands in the group stages tongue.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just on a side note, if England actually had WON their group..which should have been bloody easy, the way to a semi final would have been pretty damn simple. Now, either Korea, USA, Ghana or Uruguay will play a semi final. Could have been England, if they hadn't fucked up against Algerie.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Yeah England got the best group in terms of strength of opponent and in terms of path to the Semis. England don't have a chance.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What is soccer?

AtariLegend wrote:

It's not the same German side that finished at Euro 2008. It's there youngest team since the 1930's(?) and Schweinsteiger last i heard was injured?

As for Argentina, yeah it's harder... but in reality they were average to horrendous before the WC started.

Messi awesome, yes? ...But Maradona wasn't Capello for them in qualification, England can do it.

I think though if they do, it'll end in the semi's..

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What is soccer?

Biggest world sport?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What is soccer?

Biggest world sport?

No, that's football. Soccer is an american thing and doesn't make any sense at all, just like their american "foot"ball. tongue

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What is soccer?

Board footer