You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

johndivney wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Not to be an asshole but GNR were on tour?

that's up for debatable. there was a lot of questions as to what this tour was & who was touring before the twit got hacked.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So here we are. A day has passed and still no one in the entire bands organization can clarify.

Ridiculous.

"Festival Republic are informed by GN'R management that Guns N' Roses have NOT canceled their performances at Reading & Leeds and that Axl Rose's Twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded," said a Festival Republic statement today

From Billboard.com

That sounds official, but I get where Russ is coming from.  Again, with a normal band maybe they wouldn't have to reassure their fans that there's no reason to fear.  But they probably would anyway.  And this is GNR we're talking about where anything and everything negative seems to happen for one reason or another.  So for that reason, they should be bending over backwards to get the word out that all is still well.  Well they haven't exactly been doing that.  But as some alluded, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  It's business as usual for the Axl Rose camp.

And I give props to and agree with a lot of what misterID has said in the last few pages.  It does certainly seem that "some" people just sit around and wait for something to go wrong and then pounce on Axl and express such joy in doing so.  The problem is, I can't really blame them anymore.  Axl has brought this on himself.  So while I may not think it's right and wouldn't do it myself, I can't say it's completely unwarranted.

This whole situation has been handled horribly, par for the course.  Even though it does appear that it was a hoax (though I'm still not sold on that), I still wouldn't feel too great if I had tickets to an upcoming show.  And if I didn't have a ticket yet but was on the fence about buying one, my mind would certainly be made up now.  NO THANKS!  Too much risk involved.  I'd love to know how many tickets they sell from this day forth.  Though, people who don't follow the band that closely probably won't hear about this story anyway.

What a mess!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Oh and over and above that is the fact that Festival Republic is probably just posting their own wishful thinking.

You think they are lying when they say they've been told by GNR management?

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So here we are. A day has passed and still no one in the entire bands organization can clarify.

Ridiculous.

"Festival Republic are informed by GN'R management that Guns N' Roses have NOT canceled their performances at Reading & Leeds and that Axl Rose's Twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being cancelled are unfounded," said a Festival Republic statement today

From Billboard.com

That sounds official, but I get where Russ is coming from. 

This whole situation has been handled horribly, par for the course.  Even though it does appear that it was a hoax (though I'm still not sold on that), I still wouldn't feel too great if I had tickets to an upcoming show.

people have heard about this story. it's a slow news day over here & axl's twitter is getting some attn.

i think the official denial was the phone call to eric @ mygnr!
i genuinely think the GnR camp thought that was their official announcement. (they prob figure not too many people care & those that do would be checking the communities).
& of course that is a bizarre way to handle things, but it's the way GnR works. it's not good, especially when it 'causes a lot of people a lot of stress. but it is unique & in the end kinda funny.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would be more than happy to work as Axl's press guy.  I would maintain his Twitter and make sure he doesn't post crazy shit during a temper tantrum.  I am willing to do this for free to relieve Beta, Fernando, Del and Axl from this very difficult job. 

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to shut down the GNR twitter since it is such a high risk account.  Maybe just go back to their official website and do updates there.  I know they never updated that thing for years, but at least Axl can't get trigger finger on that, so if it gets posted to the site, it has a higher chance of being correct.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I know they never updated that thing for years, but at least Axl can't get trigger finger on that, so if it gets posted to the site, it has a higher chance of being correct.

So what you're implying is that Axl threw a temper tantrum while out with Ashba and texting in on his Twitter account how he wanted all shows cancelled?

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:

I know they never updated that thing for years, but at least Axl can't get trigger finger on that, so if it gets posted to the site, it has a higher chance of being correct.

So what you're implying is that Axl threw a temper tantrum while out with Ashba and texting in on his Twitter account how he wanted all shows cancelled?

& ashba's subsequent tweets were lies trying to cover up the real meltdown axl was going thru.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ridiculous.

From Billboard.com

This whole situation has been handled horribly, par for the course.  Even though it does appear that it was a hoax (though I'm still not sold on that), I still wouldn't feel too great if I had tickets to an upcoming show.  And if I didn't have a ticket yet but was on the fence about buying one, my mind would certainly be made up now.  NO THANKS!  Too much risk involved.  I'd love to know how many tickets they sell from this day forth.

Given that a lot of news outlets are running headlines like "GN'R CANCEL TOUR?" and then it's only after reading the story that you find out it's untrue... Assuming some fucker did crack Axl's Twitter account, he really should go after the fucker in question and sue them for a hell of a lot of lost earnings. Whoever's done this has genuinely caused damage to Brand GN'R and Axl's reputation, and probably cost them a ton of money.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I am 99% sure his acct wasn't hacked. That is easily fixed. There is more to the story.

Anyone who doesn't see the writing on the wall is fooling themselves. There were concerns from fans yesterday before that post came out. How soon we forget.

Board footer