You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

DCK wrote:

Seems like the Sun has edited its story, not so down to earth now...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh '¦ itter.html

Looks like they've been surfin' some forums...

Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of, and sat out a few songs until I cooled down before the anger really got the best of me. It's not just an 'audience' - everyone's got a story why they're there that night, the tickets aren't cheap, people traveled from far, they deserve not just a show but a show of appreciation and respect. Fashionably late is one thing, but leaving the audience with nothing out in the cold for 2 hours til they're throwing bottles and boo and chant bullshit isn't cool, isn't 'rock n roll', there's nothing good about it, it's just abusive. If there was a technical problem, someone should have told the crowd, and we should have had something going on video-wise or performance-wise to keep everyone's spirits up. My two cents.

There's nothing here to disagree with.

Who else would be in a helicopter after midnight landing behind the stage? Have we established if Axl was there with the band at 11pm or was he on the chopper?

Good point, but speculation. It might have been him, might not.

If Axl was held back from performing until so late, why didn'™t he explain that to the crowd? If it wasn'™t his fault why take the shit from the crowd for it?

I don't expect Axl to deal with issues that got nothing to do with him. Rigging the stage isn't his job. I would put forward this question to the event organizers. If you're not one of those who think Axl paid the event guy to publish the statement, then he (the event guy) in retrospect should have been there to explain the situation as the one responsible. Prolly caught him off guard. While these darkside Axl fans thinks Axl are handling everything from singing to what kind of toilet paper the booths around the venue has, some is his job, some is not. Rigging isn't his job. Yes, he could still come out and explain, but when did he or anyone else ever do that?

However, Bergen waited too and Axl wasn't even there. His first and last gig in Bergen, Norway because he fucked up. Bergen didn't throw bottles or act like morons. This thing is so out there because the audience handed it differently. However, both waits are not acceptable.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Olorin wrote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh … itter.html

WoW  looks like they picked the worst possible pic of Axl !

Again its amazing how much press a simple tweet can get. I hope like alot of you they do something with this free press. and attention. (GnR will never have anything happen that is not Spun in a negative light)

I have a new respect for Bumble now.

As far as the rest we can assume anything but do not know. Have u considered that the lawyers do not want axls twitter opened so it can be investigated? If there is any way to find who hacked the twitter Axl will own them!  Pleas dont beat me over the head with it was not hacked. 19

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow, Ron's email is so bold for a current GNR member.  Its a great email, but you know Axl must be pissed that anyone would question him or his band.  Will be interesting to see how this all goes down.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Again its amazing how much press a simple tweet can get. I hope like alot of you they do something with this free press. and attention.

Prediction - They do NOTHING to capitalize on any of this "buzz".

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow, Ron's email is so bold for a current GNR member.  Its a great email, but you know Axl must be pissed that anyone would question him or his band.  Will be interesting to see how this all goes down.

I know the initial thought is "Wow, Ron was pissed at Axl."  But it's also possible he could be fed up with how the band is being run.  IE. Axl AND his handlers.  Hence the beginning of his e-mail - "Gotta be honest - I was sooooooo beyond pissed I had to walk off, have a chat with management and folks about right and wrong and what I can and can't be a part of"

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Again its amazing how much press a simple tweet can get. I hope like alot of you they do something with this free press. and attention.

Prediction - They do NOTHING to capitalize on any of this "buzz".

What are they suppose to do? They are playing one of the biggest festivals in the world in a few weeks and have a large European tour scheduled after that.

I wouldn't mind hearing some new music but that isn't going to happen.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Well that's the one thing people ARE saying they should do.

And they're not going to.  I guess the theory/dream would be this was all some sort of publicity stunt and they'd capitalize off the buzz by releasing a new album and unveiling new material at the upcoming shows.

Obviously, HIGHLY unlikely.  In fact, just mark it down that that's not happening.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ron isn't going to be around much longer.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

bigbri wrote:

I hope he stays, he's my favourite member of the band. sad

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

First chance to jump ship will be after this tour is done, late 2010. Very interested if there will be a change somewhere in their coordination and organization.

Board footer