You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

mickronson wrote:

Ron is what the band needs, someone with a mind of his own.. but if he does go I`m sure axl will get another guitarist soon enough and he`ll be the best guitarist gnr ever had as usual.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Ron is what the band needs, someone with a mind of his own.. but if he does go I`m sure axl will get another guitarist soon enough and he`ll be the best guitarist gnr ever had as usual.

Not possible at this point. The reason people say Ron is the best ever is because in truth he is a WAY above average in terms of what passes as a great guitarist these days.

Same with bucket, both of them are in fact World class and both deserve a spot in the list of the top 10 guitarists alive. And although I prefer Ron's Musical output and the sense of irony in his music, I'll accept that Bucket should be placed higher on that list than BBF.

Are there any other guitarists of that callibre who would be prepared to join gnr? Your talking some one technically amazing like John Petrucci (that will never happen) or someone amazingly creative like Kim Thayil (even less chance of that happening).

Guitarists like Buckethead and Ron come along once in a lifetime. Axl got Lucky TWICE the chances of it happening again are virtually  zilch

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

as to the speculation on Ron leaving and where his anger is directed in that email, we dont know what he was replying to and what management he was referring to? maybe it was the festival organizers? but know we assume  that there is tension in the band...the situations never change only the faces...here is an old lyric from Dont Damn Me that seems appropriate for this discussion

I know you don't wanna hear me cryin'
An I know you don't wanna hear me deny
That your satisfaction lies in your illusion
But your delusions are yours and not mine
We take for granted we know the whole story
We judge a book by its cover
And read what we want
Between selected lines

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I was being facetious.. nevermind.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

What's funny is I don't care at all.

But clearly enough to cook up unrealistic theories in your brain and portray them as the truth.

This is all I needed to read to know how dillusional you are. I'm cooking up "unrealistic theories"? Obviously someone hasn't been paying attention over the last 15 years. But carry on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

^^^^ that makes no sense.

Oh my god. Are you serious?  IF this was done intentionally to create buzz like some had suggested then it's fucking soft. Gn'R/Axl never ahd to conjur up ways to build buzz so if this is what he's lowered himself to it's hilarious and it's so not "Rock n' Roll" Axl Rose follows his own patterns to a tee and it's to the point that it makes you think he's maped it out. Basically if they did this on purpose it's sucha  sad joke that Axl's badass image is scripted. If you can't understand that I can't help ya.

Well your missing the point there. HOw can it be predictable when you don't know whether or not it actually happened? Your jumping to conclusions and acting like because they are YOUR conclusions and you know so much about everything they must be true.

What's predictable Stephven is that it's  never ending list of fuckups with this guy. It's not shocking, it's not "dagerous" it's not cool, it's not rock n' roll it's just the standard predictable Axl fucking up always.He's become boring and predictable.  That's what people bitch about. the guys is an ass clown and when this shit constantly pops up it's not "whoa look how badass he his"  the way it once was it's a roll of the eyes, a shake of the head.  When your schtick becomes old people move on and that's what's happen.

johndivney wrote:

bono, have u moved on? a lot of ur most recent posts brought 2 mind the old say about "if's & but's". reads 2 me like u'r beatin a dead horse..

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as to the speculation on Ron leaving and where his anger is directed in that email, we dont know what he was replying to and what management he was referring to? maybe it was the festival organizers? but know we assume  that there is tension in the band...the situations never change only the faces...here is an old lyric from Dont Damn Me that seems appropriate for this discussion

I know you don't wanna hear me cryin'
An I know you don't wanna hear me deny
That your satisfaction lies in your illusion
But your delusions are yours and not mine
We take for granted we know the whole story
We judge a book by its cover
And read what we want
Between selected lines

what about "what we've got here is failure 2 communicate..."??
amazin how little has changed in the GnR world (& amazing the reactions of fans shocked @ lack of change - that quote's been used twice & could be on another new song it's so perversely relevant)

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh my god. Are you serious?  IF this was done intentionally to create buzz like some had suggested then it's fucking soft. Gn'R/Axl never ahd to conjur up ways to build buzz so if this is what he's lowered himself to it's hilarious and it's so not "Rock n' Roll" Axl Rose follows his own patterns to a tee and it's to the point that it makes you think he's maped it out. Basically if they did this on purpose it's sucha  sad joke that Axl's badass image is scripted. If you can't understand that I can't help ya.

Well your missing the point there. HOw can it be predictable when you don't know whether or not it actually happened? Your jumping to conclusions and acting like because they are YOUR conclusions and you know so much about everything they must be true.

What's predictable Stephven is that it's  never ending list of fuckups with this guy. It's not shocking, it's not "dagerous" it's not cool, it's not rock n' roll it's just the standard predictable Axl fucking up always.He's become boring and predictable.  That's what people bitch about. the guys is an ass clown and when this shit constantly pops up it's not "whoa look how badass he his"  the way it once was it's a roll of the eyes, a shake of the head.  When your schtick becomes old people move on and that's what's happen.

Yeah I hear ya. And one way or another I hope we get some clarification on all of this from some official person

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This is all I needed to read to know how dillusional you are. I'm cooking up "unrealistic theories"? Obviously someone hasn't been paying attention over the last 15 years. But carry on.

Most ridiculous reply to a post I've done. Ever.

If you try to insult my intelligence, the only thing that you will accomplish is to insult your own.

Board footer