You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the only faith i have is that things will remain mostly the same, as they always have...any changes that occur will do so at a slow pace....its all baby steps... but regardless of the sentiments on this board the tour so far really has gone quite smoothly aside from a couple hicups in south america

the voice of reason....

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Blind Faith? NO 
  Just happy that there on the road with a good lineup. A finally released CD.  A wide open future if they choose. There is plenty of writing talent. plenty of buzz, and Axl sounds awesome.

Set list: Is ok for me. I did enjoy the 90-91 tour with alot of new songs with Izzy.
So for this line up to play some more CD would be good. I do not think we will hear any "NEW" songs till we get a new record due to all the leaks over the last few years.

They did hit the USA I do not  think anyone expected them to play any shows here.

So no blind faith here. Just happy there active and out there and headlining again. 15-to 30 thousand people per show is awesome in my book considering.

This forum is harsh. I chose to stay on here to get news of current GnR as well as past members. And to sometimes follow a thread you guys are better than my local channels !

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

17 years of invested and built up emotions on how it all SHOULD HAVE played out, makes it easy to loose perspective on things.

Us hardcore-forumjunkie-fans who log into messageboards many times every single day are actually just a handfull of people. I mean litteraly, you could prolly cram us forumjunkies from the most known sites into ONE classroom...

Then you have the MILLIONS of fans and average rockfans who bought the latest album and go to the shows.
They don't know shit about Beta, Fernando or Del James and all the behind the scenes drama and conspiracy.

They look at the current status with a bit more down-to-earth kinda view:
"Guns N' Roses released an album. Now they're touring the world. Sure it's just Axl from the original line-up, but I hear they put on a kick ass show. Fuck yeah! Lets check them out!"

That's actually just fine for A LOT of fans....  smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

By blind faith, I mean that people are acting like they know 100% that the tour is just going ahead.

So far as I can tell, I haven't seen anything other than the promoters saying they talked to GN'Rs management and Ron saying "All is good, hold tight"

Seems to me there should've been something official by now.

I agree with you BUT this is GNR and it would not surprise me that the tour is on and there are no "official" word.  This band is such a joke.  19

Sky Dog wrote:

seems to me the only joke is still talking about this..sorry Russ, don't feel ya on this one. It just seems like par for the course to me. Nothing is going to change.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Media seems to be going with the hacked option:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ … 6572b96ea7

Sky Dog wrote:

the tour has not been cancelled...whether Fernando confirms it or not is irrelevant. It's always fucked up and always will be.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Even the media in Norway picked up on it, and did the regular "Twitter chaos for Axl" story. No one is really going for anything else, even though The Sun updated their story.

By blind faith, I mean that people are acting like they know 100% that the tour is just going ahead.

Nothing is 100%. Nothing. The management gave enough information to the fans and the venues that the shows were taking place, and that his Twitter account was hacked. It's all over the news. Axl doesn't say shit, does that surprise anyone? It's just the regular handling we've seen for 10 years. Actually, they did better now than what they have been doing in the past.

I don't have tickets for these shows, but if I did, I would just continue on with no real stress about it. If I am wrong, I will apologize for being so, but I am pretty confident I am right, and that's why I'm pushing so hard too. It's a joke to still talk about this. I am prepared for Axl's little games as much as the next person, but I am always prepared to think first, use common sense, and then conclude. In this case, the conclution was easy.

Based on this thread, the blind faith goes the other direction.

Yes it does. 22

Board footer