You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Epiphany

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Madagas only says that, because he's Fox Mulder and sees potential in being negative.

Maddy i've got a tin foil hat you can borrow. I hate the fuckin' thing.

Tommy's quotes concerned me and changed my mind a little.....

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
DCK wrote:

If they'd slammed into the VMAs with a one-two punch of Better and There Was A Time, instead of fucking around with old songs, and then released them as a double A-side a week later, with videos in rotation on MTV.

Yeah, why didn't they? Though I'm sure there would have been plenty of people bashing them for it. The nerve of coming on VMA with the name GNR and play some songs not one soul had ever heard before. In fact, I doubt MTV even would have said "yes" to it.

They would've conquered the world again.

Seriously don't think so. Been on a better approach all togheter? Sure. Major-super-big-band? Never. Not even if they topped AFD would it have happened.

(did this last negative comment make me be more like bono?)

Just rewatched the 2002 VMAs; whatshisface who does the intro is amped up, going on about how MTV had been asking GN'R to appear for the last four years. Axl could've come out and played whatever the hell he liked; people were excited for the potential of the new band then. Yeah, there were people who were saying, "Blah, isn't Slash," but if Axl had delivered a killer performance, with Buckethead doing the TWAT solo, the haters would've been well and truly silenced. I still think that the 2002 VMAs did untold damage to New GN'R.

At least opening with Better would've meant that Axl wouldn't have been out of breath; I'm pretty sure it was the Jungle scream that left him winded...

Nah it was the sprinting.. Axl had what is  called an adrenaline dump and basically gassed out. Had nothing really to do with "being out of shape"
he just gassed due to the adrenaline dump. happens to fighters all the time.

Sky Dog wrote:

that is what I thought...he was too amped up and looked nervous.

Sky Dog wrote:

on another note...band just added another London date.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Was the rest of Tommy's interview recorded? I looked at the link and the only thing I found was the topic of the unpredictability that goes with being in GNR and about Axl's account being hacked.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=144959

^there is a link there to listen to the radio interview....if you check it out please let us know if there is any other interesting info smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's just a clip of the quote, and the quote itself has been HEAVILY cut and pasted together. It sounds like it could have been from a bunch of different answers to different questions that have been all spliced together, or snippets of one real long answer. And he's still talking at the end of the quote when it cuts out. So there's no telling what he's actually talking about, because its definitely not about just one thing.

Lame on the radio station.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Hilarious how I was bitched out the other day for even suggesting such a thing. DCK got anything to say to Madagas?

Actually I don't have to:

I still don't understand Axl using someone elses phone just in case he might change his mind in the near future. Because then you would have to accept the DJ Ashba "cover up" conspiracy theory where they're pretending to be hanging out, all just to fool people in case he decided to change his mind later, which... is a lot of work for someone who spontaneously "freaked out" and canceled a tour. And there's the whole process of trying to convince Axl Rose to do something he really doesn't want to do, most likely when he wouldn't be in the most friendliest mindset, and do it in a very limited amount of time. Don't buy it 

My guess, going by past actions, if he didn't want to do the tour the tour would be off.

The reason the Twit is still there is because GNR management doesn't know shit about online presence. 10 years of no online presence sort of gives that away, no? They have no experience in the matter. Why do you think they hire Jarmo in to do their job? Because they feel he's great? Or is it because they don't really get shit about online work? I can be negative too, but I think I direct it a bit better on this case.

If you're gonna direct your shit at something, direct it at the obvious core of  "fucking up" and not Ashba doing cover up stories on behalf of Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Good point.  If Jarmo was in charge of Axl's twitter that tweet would've been taken down in a nanosecond.  Since the DJ is the newest axeman in GNR is the most current article on www.gunsnroses.com the tweet still being there shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Good point.  If Jarmo was in charge of Axl's twitter that tweet would've been taken down in a nanosecond.  Since the DJ is the newest axeman in GNR is the most current article on www.gunsnroses.com the tweet still being there shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Always appreciated your rational thinking 9

If Jarmo had any access to Axl's Twitter account, it would be gone instantly.

They're just dazed and confused, not knowing what to do with the Twit, just as they've been dazed and confused about anything going on online since day 1. www.gnronline.com anyone? Remember it? No? A website never updated? No? When they can't handle a basic website, you think they can handle a "complicated task" as to remove a Twit from an account Axl used but now most likely have a different password and different e-mail account go with it?

THAT is GNR fuck ups. NOT this bullshit about Ashba cover ups, Axl's new phone or anything else you might cook up.

Board footer