You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Slash in NYC (PC and My Michelle) and Review

Aussie wrote:

Slash is really in smokin hot form these days.  Sober life does wonders for people.  Long may it continue 9

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How rare is it for players to be better in their mid 40's than their hey day?  Its amazing!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This was awesome, thanks for the videos, guys! 5 Slash's playing is better than ever.
Now I feel sorry for those unfinished tracks on his album even more. He had really-really great ideas to begin with, but some of them would have needed more work. Most of them. Anyway, Slash is on fire again! 213

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How rare is it for players to be better in their mid 40's than their hey day?  Its amazing!

It helps not being shitfaced and wasted also... 21

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Slash is every bit the sound and image of Gun N' Roses as Axl Rose is. Those who say otherwise just don't get it. Slash fucking rules!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Bono wrote:

Slash is every bit the sound and image of Gun N' Roses as Axl Rose is. Those who say otherwise just don't get it. Slash fucking rules!

+1.  No one credits Slash for going it alone and making his own name/brand in the world and becoming one of the most sought after musicians to work with in ALL genres..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:
Bono wrote:

+1.  No one credits Slash for going it alone and making his own name/brand in the world and becoming one of the most sought after musicians to work with in ALL genres..

I wouldn't say no one CREDITS him.  People may have a problem with how he goes about his business in some aspects, but even Slash haters would have to give him credit for maintaining such a high respectability in the business.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nah the haters would say that he has lost all respect by playing with people like Fergie

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nah the haters would say that he has lost all respect by playing with people like Fergie

Yeah but they couldn't take away the fact that he is still successful, well known, and well respected.  Like I said, people may not like certain things he does, ie. playing with Fergie, but his level of success cannot be denied.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I admit I was thought it was pretty fucken lame when I heard he was going to be playing with Fergie.  But I think in the main he pulled it off.  She has a great rock voice and I really like the Beautiful Dangerous song, I was pleasantly surprised.

That said he did make a few too many appearances with her doing Sweet Child than I would have liked.  But, despite that I think the pairing with her was a success and didn't actually damage his rock credentials (well for me anyhow).

Board footer