You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Slash in NYC (PC and My Michelle) and Review

faldor wrote:

The only thing I had a major gripe with was his American Idol mentoring week.  Basically because I absolutely despise that show and what it stands for.  I really didn't have a problem with Fergie.  I dig her looks, and her voice is pretty good too. 

I didn't really care for the "lies" in his book, but I guess you could say that's the way he saw things.  It was a good read nonetheless, I just knew it was ONE side of the story and didn't take everything in it as gospel.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think nobody does see it as gospel. The main difference between Slashites and Axlites is that only the Axl fans (most of them) think that the Redhead is  the second coming of Jesus and he never lies or he's never wrong or he's never to blame. and everything he does is perfect. I'm not talking about you though.

Back to topic: I think happiness can be a huge factor in the improvement of Slash's playing. He is really enjoying himself with this band, especially with Myles, and he rid of Perla - one can only guess how bad their relationship was in the last years.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Back to topic: I think happiness can be a huge factor in the improvement of Slash's playing. He is really enjoying himself with this band, especially with Myles, and he rid of Perla - one can only guess how bad their relationship was in the last years.

That's why, as much as I'd love to see VR get back together, I think it might be a good idea to stick with this group of guys and see what they could create together.  Of course, Myles commitment to Alter Bridge may (pardon the pun) alter that.  It just seems they've got a great thing going here, and it's being well received.  No offense, but there's a huge amount of uncertainty in returning to VR.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

That's why, as much as I'd love to see VR get back together, I think it might be a good idea to stick with this group of guys and see what they could create together.  Of course, Myles commitment to Alter Bridge may (pardon the pun) alter that.  It just seems they've got a great thing going here, and it's being well received.  No offense, but there's a huge amount of uncertainty in returning to VR.

Yeah, I agree, and I think that a real band can make a better record than 'Slash', cause that was too much of a solo effort, the drums and bass themes were awfully uninspired, just something to back the guitars. A real band would do better, although I'd want Jason Bonham on drums, he's great.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Yeah, I agree, and I think that a real band can make a better record than 'Slash', cause that was too much of a solo effort, the drums and bass themes were awfully uninspired, just something to back the guitars. A real band would do better, although I'd want Jason Bonham on drums, he's great.

Eddie Trunk agrees.  His review of the show.

9/15/10: Saw Slash and his solo band for the second time last night at a sold out, jam packed, extremely hot venue called Terminal 5 in NYC last night. The first time I saw the band was at The Roxy in L.A. at the first show they ever did.

Last nights show was as good, but has changed some as new songs have come in and out of the set. What remains though is easily my favorite thing Slash has done since Appetite. I wasn't a huge VR fan, did like Snakepit, but this is better than both. Its the best of all Slash's worlds with VR, GnR, Snakepit and solo stuff all mixed in. Almost 2 1/2 hours of just ass kicking hard rock! As I said before, Slash has never sounded better now that he is sober, and his band is just perfect.

Major props need to be sent out to Brent, Bobby and Todd for doing a phenomenal job backing him up on the music side, but what puts it over the top are the unreal vocals of Myles Kennedy. Myles covers about eight different singers in the set and nails it all. Plus, the two songs on the new album he sings (Starlight, Back To Cali) are some of the best stuff Slash has done in a long time. What this guy does vocally is a huge kick to the entire live experience, then of course throw in one of the best players on the planet, and this is made all that much more special. I really hope this continues for a while because it is so great on so many levels.

After the show I hung with all the guys backstage and talked music and more. Slash has been a friend for a while but it was really cool to get to know Myles and Todd who were just great people and big TMS fans as well. There is a photo up in the gallery on this site from our get together last night. Killer show, great hang, do not miss Slash if he comes your way, and the new album is great also.

Board footer