You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: from mister saint laurent

Neemo wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

beleive it or not there has been a whole wackload of stuff that peopel havent downloaded...the Rock Band Moggs, the 18th version of TWAT etc etc the interest jsut isnt there for the most part...

granted id prolly give NuAFD a spin or 2 but after that i doubt it will be worth much more than taking up hard drive space

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have interest. AFD redux, new CD song, existing CD songs with Bucket (SR) I want to hear it all. Don't care about any member here who goes on about how disinterested they are. Or how ridiculous people are for spending money on them. Not me. Bring that shit on.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

FACT is I for one have zero interest in it. Believe it or not I don´t give a shit. Having zero interest in something doesn´t mean I´d be against having a listen to it on youtube once it leaked but as far as making an effort to download it no. I honestly don´t give two shits if this version of AFD ever sees the light of day so if you think that´s a lie than congratulations I´m glad you know better than I or others what we´re thinking. And for the record yeah I would NOT download it if it came out. Call me a lier I  don´t care.

Neemo wrote:

beleive it or not there has been a whole wackload of stuff that peopel havent downloaded...the Rock Band Moggs, the 18th version of TWAT etc etc the interest jsut isnt there for the most part...

Exactly. I haven´t downloaded anything Gn`R related since the album came out and I didn´t even care about the last few leaks before it came out. I´m 100% positive I wouldn´t even bat an eye if nuAFD were leaked.  I don´t even know or care what Rock band moggs are that´s how little interest I had in those things.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Sorry, AFD is good enough as is and I don't really need to dl a nuAFD.  I just find it hilarious in this economy that people are willing to drop $$$ on something that's over 10 years old.  You'd be better off saving the money or planning for a vacation.

Neemo wrote:

granted id prolly give NuAFD a spin or 2 but after that i doubt it will be worth much more than taking up hard drive space

It's just difficult for me to dl this stuff when it probably doesn't sound that much different from the actual product or the leaked tracks from a few years ago.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Has anyone tried getting clips from him yet?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No Bucket? No interest.

Who is it? Robin, Paul,Tommy, Josh? Bleech.

Sky Dog wrote:

Tobias on rhythm......for the record. I would be interested if Bucket was on it, but I don't think he is.

Sky Dog wrote:

Loder: You re-recorded "Appetite For Destruction?"

Rose: Yes, I have.

Loder: The whole album?

Rose: Yes.

Loder: Whoa.

Rose: Well, with the exception of two songs, because we replaced those with "You Could Be Mine," and "Patience," and why do that? Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that.

Loder: Who are the musicians who have re-recorded "Appetite?"

Rose: Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar -- you guys know him as Paul Huge, that's how it's been written everywhere. It's Paul Tobias on guitar, and Robin Finck was on lead guitar, but that... that will stay on some of it. Robin's guitar will stay on some, but not all. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, exactly, when I would be putting that out. But you know, it has a lot of energy. Learning the old Guns songs and getting them up, you know, putting them on tape, really forced everybody to get them up to the quality that they needed to be at. Once the energy was figured out by the new guys, how much energy was needed to get the songs right, then it really helped in the writing and recording process of the new record.

Patience would be cool if it is a semi electric version. If Robin is only on some of it, then maybe Bucket came in and did some stuff. Bucket was involved at the time of this interview.....Dec 1999...I think.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For me there's a difference between interest and approval.

Every peformance on that album is a master piece and a modern classic of the genre so re-recording it is kind of peverse.

Yet at the same time I have an interest to hear it, even if only to confirm that it never should have happened. As A4L2.0 said....it's looking after a wreckage...there's a morbid curosity.

Also musically I respect Axl's talent and so i'd find it interesting to see which fills and so on he felt needed changing, even though the idea of changing slash and izzy with huge and robin doesn't personally stomach too well with me on those songs.

I would probably see it the same as I do the big daddy scom. Something i was interested to hear, but then considered a peverson.

Now remaster the old album with the old band and you'd have me interested. it could use some loudness war cranking wink wink wink

As for this stuff about people who pay being sad. It's just people comitting money to their hobby. Like when you go to a show. Or a meet and greet. I don't think it's lame at all - it's human nature that scarse things have financial value - not to everyone perhaps - bit to those with a strong interest in the scarse item.

HOWEVER, what i've ALWAYS thought was lame was the james bond spy stuff and the childish way many people in those communities use what they have to feel self important and feed on drama.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This is pathetic but not surprising.

Board footer