You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Voted Classic Rock Magazine Album Of The Year 2007!

Backslash wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

It may be rediculous but it's going to generate interest and it shows that a reputable mag has enough of a love for the leaked songs to make this "album" album of the year.   It's crazy and I am sure Axl is laughing at this but it keep CD in the media.

I see that as a problem... the longer the leaks are in the media, the longer Axl and co. can go with out releasing the album.  As long as people are promoting the material, the longer they can tour on old classics and a few new "unofficially" released songs.  They'll never release the album as long as these things happen.

I can definitely see your point, the band getting album of the year and it's not even out could definitely make them wait longer.  Although, they didn't ask for it, it's more of a coo for them on unofficial demos.  On the flip side, this definitely could be a forshadowing to the real thing and maybe not such a bad thing as far as releasing, IMO, this isn't gonna affect what's happening with CD at all.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Well, I thought it was pretty cool.

It totally shocked me when I flipped through the pages, Porcupine Tree came in an no4, Rush at no2, and then I turn the page to see this!

I didn't know what to make of it, but then I thought fuckkit - its cool. 

img003.jpg

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

They also voted 'Better', 'Chinese Democracy' and 'The Blues' in their top 200 songs of the year.

I genuinely think they like the leaks and are trying to gently prod Axl into releasing the album. A bit like I think Bach is.

AtariLegend wrote:

Did classic rock, not also here "Atlas Shrugged", "Silkworms", "Ryiad", "Prostitute", along with the other demos.

Wasn't that article/editor guy Neemo was replying too, when they asked the article to be took down...?

Either way I think this is cool... And people should be happy smile.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Did classic rock, not also here "Atlas Shrugged", "Silkworms", "Ryiad", "Prostitute", along with the other demos.

Wasn't that article/editor guy Neemo was replying too, when they asked the article to be took down...?

Yup.

They don't have to give two shits about GN'R. But they do, and I think thats good. Once the media stop caring at all, that really could be the nail in the coffin for GN'R.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Classic Rock, and I'm glad that they are keeping GN'R alive. The more the record company feel the demand, the more the general public shows interest, the greater the chance we're going to see the music finally see the light of day.

Common Ricky Hatton!!!! (Sorry I just had to get that in)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Guys, this is classic rock magazine.  It's nice that they care, but until the magazines that the younger generation is reading cares, this really doesn't matter at all.  Impact = 0.

Scabbie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Yup.

They don't have to give two shits about GN'R. But they do, and I think thats good. Once the media stop caring at all, that really could be the nail in the coffin for GN'R.

This post says it all right here.   The fact that there is no album and GNR wind up getting into the media it a GOOD thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer