You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Sebastian Bach Thread

jamester wrote:

Sebastian Bach 9
WOW! The "Kicking & Screaming" Video has been ADDED to @vh1classic TV & goes into rotation this Saturday! Watch the Television Premiere of "Kicking & Screaming" on Metal Mania this Saturday 9/10 @ 11AM ET on Vh1 Classic TV !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qhYW-_IUAs&sns=em

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Just placed my preorder today for the album....

Got the CD/DVD bundle with the T-shirt.

First 300 orders will include an autographed album booklet!

This edition of "Kicking & Screaming" features one bonus track, "Jumpin' Off The Wagon ", unavailable anywhere else!

As Long As I Got The Music DVD

Bonus DVD that features behind the scenes footage of the recording of the album, live footage from Sebastian's tours opening for Guns 'N Roses and three music videos from "Kicking & Screaming" including the title track, "Tunnelvision" and "I'm Alive".

FREE Digital Download of Sebastian Bach's title track "Kicking and Screaming" with every purchase!

Tracklisting
1. Kicking & Screaming
2. My Own Worst Enemy
3. TunnelVision (featuring John 5)
4. Dance On Your Grave
5. Caught In A Dream
6. As Long As I Got The Music
7. I'm Alive
8. Dirty Power
9. Live The Life
10. Dream Forever
11. One Good Reason
12. Lost In The Light
13. Wishin'

Bonus tracks:

14. Jumpin' Off The Wagon (CD/DVD editions only)

DVD Tracklisting

AS LONG AS I GOT THE MUSIC:

THE MAKING OF KICKING & SCREAMING

LIVE TRACKS:
SAN SEBASTIAN METALHEAD - SPAIN
(LOVE IS) A BITCHSLAP - SANTIAGO
STUCK INSIDE - SANTIAGO
LIVE THE LIFE - HALIFAX
BY YOUR SIDE - BOGOTÁ
TUNNELVISION - SANTIAGO
STABBIN DAGGERS - BOGOTÁ
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND - SANTIAGO

MUSIC VIDEOS:
KICKING & SCREAMING
TUNNELVISION
I'M ALIVE

LIVE BONUS :
STUCK INSIDE (LONDON)
AMERICAN METALHEAD (SANTIAGO)

Pretty Pumped For this!

Check them out here: http://www.merchdirect.com/SebastianBach

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Sebastian Bach
New Interview with Blogs N' Roses! Thanks Guys! blogsnroses.com/2011/09/18/exc…
http://blogsnroses.com/2011/09/18/exclu … -bach.aspx
Exclusive Interview with Legendary Sebastian Bach
Sebastian Bach is one of my favorite rockstars. He's got a high register metal vocal style, great stage presence, and a really down-to-earth personality. Fame has not gone to his head, which is hard to say about a lot of rock stars.

One of our first interview (great bathroom reading here) was with Bach and he gave us an amazing interview. We talked about a wide range of things, including his Angel Down record. When I heard about Bach doing interviews promoting his upcoming album Kicking & Screaming out on September 27, I had to talk to him and see what is up in the life of Sebastian Bach. Here is what transpired:

BnR:  Hey Sebastian, thanks for taking time out to talk with us today.

Bach:  How's it going? You are my last interview today! WHOO!

BnR:  I wanted to also personally thank you for taking the interview we did together in 2008 when you were promoting Angel Down on your website for a while. We gained so many loyal followers because of you, so thanks!

Bach:  Oh wow cool. Well you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. See how that works?

BnR:  I want to start out by expressing our condolences about your house that was devastated by Hurricane Irene.

Bach:  Yea, I don't even want to talk about it. It is too depressing. I appreciate that, but I am sick of talking about it because it is too sad. We have a new album coming out accompanied by a new DVD and an LP. That's the stuff that is making me happy these days.

BnR:  Well then let's talk about the new album Kicking & Screaming; your new album that comes out Tuesday September 27. This is the first album with guitarist Nick Sterling. How did that come about?

Bach:  I saw him in an issue of Guitar World Magazine. He had an ad for Eminence Speakers and he looked really cool. He looked like a fucking rock guitar hero. I went to his website and one of the songs on the record [Kicking & Screaming] is called Dance on Your Grave, the riff of that song came out over his website. I freaked out and said "This is fucking incredible." I got a hold of him and asked if he wanted to come out on tour with me and play stadiums in South America with Guns N' Roses. He's like "YEAH!" [Bach laughs]

I got him into the band when he was 19 and he just turned 21 a couple weeks ago and he's the best guitar player I've ever worked with. He's incredible and a great song writer too.

BnR:  That's a perfect segue to my next question, how was the song writing process with Nick?

Bach:  They say you have your whole life to write your first album and he came in with all these incredible ideas that he had. This is first world wide, big-time record release. He's had all his life to get riffs and stuff. He just came in and crushed me with ideas — incredible new ideas. This is the easiest record I have ever made. It was very simple to make this record. We wrote some songs together, Lost in the Light and One Good Reason. Then we wrote some other songs with Bob Marlette like Dirty Power and Kicking & Screaming. And I wrote TunnelVision with John 5. I had a lot of different people contributing ideas to the record and this is the result. I think it came out incredible.

BnR:  Can you compare the sound to Angel Down, which I thought was one of the best albums released that year?

Bach:  Thank you, buddy. I think with Metal Mike in the band, I mean his name is Metal, so you know it's going to be a metal record. [laughs] I love that record; it came out really amazing. Those guys, Metal Mike, Steve DiGiorgio, Bobby [Jarzombek] and Johnny Chromatic, I'd say our favorite band was Judas Priest. On Kicking & Screaming with Nick, our favorite music that we listened to is Cheap Trick, Jeff Buckley, Sly and the Family Stone. He listens to a lot of melodic stuff.

A song like Lost in the Light, the chorus is Jeff Buckley sounding, but still heavy as fuck. But we have different influences, I'd say.

BnR:  How did the John 5 collaboration come about?

Bach:  John 5 has always been a big fan of me and old Skid Row. He said "Sebastian, I'd love to write a song that gets your voice back on the radio in 2011." So he sent me the music for TunnelVision. I don't know if it's going to get on the radio. I don't really care; I don't listen to the radio. But I love the song and it came out amazing. He's a really talented guy and I loved the lucky to jam with him.

BnR:  I heard the single Kicking & Screaming [ed note: it's free on Amazon now.] and I could hear a bunch of influences in the song. It still has that Bach hard edge to it. I guess that is your influence.

Bach:  Well Slave to the Grind is hard. That's just me. I love Monkey Business, that's pretty hard music. All I can do is make cds that I really, really like. I really like Kicking & Screaming. I think it sounds cool to me.

BnR:  I think it sounds great too. I haven't stopped listening to it.

Bach:  Oh that's awesome dude. Thanks. I listened to it every day for at least two years from the demos to the finished product. I still listen to it every day when running. The only other record I am listening to is Set the World on Fire by the Black Veil Brides. I think I like my record better than any other record out there. [laughs]

BnR:  The cover art for Kicking & Screaming is awesome. It is a window into my brain. What was the inspiration for that art for Richard Villa?

Bach:  I wanted a cover that would reflect the lyrics. A lot of the lyrics on this record are about losing love and finding new love. It is the goddess Kali who is pulling me Kicking & Screaming into hell. She's cutting me with knives and she has eight arms! I am Kicking & Screaming to not be drug into hell.

I have been called the bad boy of rock so maybe she is dragging me into hell for my sins. It is fun to come up with a concept and then execute it artistically. The cover looks like it is moving to me almost animated. It's fucking heavy and I love it.

BnR:  What is going on with the DVD release with this record?

Bach:  The DVD, As Long as I Got the Music, is released as part of the deluxe package for Kicking & Screaming. It has an hours worth of live footage from Santiago, Chile, Bogota, Columbia, London's O2 Arena, and Halifax, Canada. It has three brand new videos we shot in HD. It also has an Easter Egg, The Battle with the Bottle video, and the Behind-the-Scenes making of the record. I think you're going to like it.

BnR:  Will the concert footage be like Forever Wild?

Bach:  It's like Oh Say Can You Scream, RoadRage, Forever Wild. I made all of those and I made this too. It has that sort of vibe.

BnR:  I am sure you are going to tour for the album.

Bach:  Yea, we are doing some tours in the US. I just posted some new ones on the website. We'll be playing in the US until December and then Europe in January. Then we will be playing all kinds of festivals next summer for sure.

BnR:  I see Guns N' Roses is touring, will you be opening up for them?

Bach:  I would love to do that. I would love to play on those shows. I don't know yet, we'll have to see what happens.

BnR:  I saw you worked on a web series called Adults Only.

Bach:  Yea, I shot two episodes for that up in Boston a couple of months ago. That will be coming out on the web soon. It's pretty funny. I like to keep busy. If someone offers me something interesting to do; I like to do it. I don't like to sit around too much.

BnR:  Is it going to be a recurring role for you? Do you think you will come back?

Bach:  I don't know that is up to the director. I have no idea.

BnR:   So our readers heard it here first, you don't die in the series.

Bach:  Not yet.

BnR:  You and I are big fans of classic metal bands, but what bands today got your rocks off?

Bach:  Black Veil Brides, definitely. That band is really cool. Their album is great and I listen to it all the time. I like this band Asking Alexandria. But definitely my favorite is Black Veil Brides.

BnR:  I just posted something about Scott Weiland issuing a Christmas album and that seems to be the thing to do now. Do you think you will ever do one?

Bach:  Yes I definitely will some day, but it's not going to be rock n' roll versions of Jingle Bells. It's going to be more traditional, like when I was in the church choir. I was the lead soprano in my church choir. My Christmas album will be real traditional with a real church choir. It's not going to be electric guitars. Mine is going to be traditional like Christmas.

BnR:  You have accomplished so much so far, what is left on Bach's bucket list?

Bach:  I want to be able to play solo tours on the circuit that Foghat and Night Ranger and Journey are all on. I want to be able to tour like those guys.

I want to find a new house that I love just like my old house. The girlfriend that I am currently with, I'd like to get more serious with her…if she'd like to. We'll see she's very young and I'm very old [laughs]. Those are the things I would like to see.

BnR:  The Dali Lama says you can only be reincarnated as either Burt Reynolds from Smokey and the Bandit or Burt Reynolds from Boogie Nights. Who do you choose?

Bach:  Smokey and the Bandit because he was younger. He's got more years to go.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Awesome dude!

How was the set list? Much from Kicking&Screaming?

How was Johnny Chromatic? I know everyone is all about Nick Stearling - but Johny's also a beast on the guitar that most people don't seem to notice. He's got great technique.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...Johnny is a great guitarist really nails all the skid row solos...I remember I saw him originally in about 2006 when Baz played here in a small venue and I was blown away....he'd done his own soundcheck and I thought he was a roady at first setting up the guitar...then he's run up to the front of stage and started shredding and baz ran out of nowhere and the show kicked off...but he's got a lot of technique I think..sort of nails all the subtle stuff like the whammy and harmonics on those songs very nicely...it's just tastey....

Seems like a cool set list decent mix of SR, Angel Down and K&S....I would have liked "By My Side" as I love that track but otherwise couldn't complain...I'd love to hear K&S live...I love the way Baz hammers out that chorus on the studio track.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Went to see Bach last night and he kicked ass. Also got to meet him before the show:
http://i43.tinypic.com/zlur7b.jpg

Over/Under 2 Axl questions?

LOL!

Great pic bro!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer