You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: DUFF MCKAGAN: New VELVET REVOLVER Singer Has To Be Better Than SCOTT W

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Slash's second solo album with Myles singing all tracks is promised for next year too.

9 I'm hanging for that since he said it.

But it raises an interesting point really. Like what would that mean for a VR kickstart? I mean VR were looking for a guy, and they basicly took time off, and everyone did their own things for a bit, but slash has already been working this album cycle for the better part of a year if not more. He's only getting time back for VR now. We know he's touring more in the first half of 2011. If he then releases a follow up album - surely he'll tour that too...starts looking bad for VR.

This is a conspiracy theory, but I do wonder if slash doing this solo stuff is him loosing patience with VR. I mean we know that ghost was a VR riff already....sometimes I wonder if slash didn't put myles through this solo tour to prove to the other dudes that he has it, and now, when they're still not into it, he's just like "fuck it, I'll do another record with him then".

I know the offical reason for myles not joining is alterbridge. But that doesn't stake up. If you can schedule 2 slash albums and tours around alterbridge why can't you schedule VR. Meanwhile slash said he wants to be captin of his own ship or whatever it was when he started going this solo route (implies that there's decision issues in VR) and duff said in this thread I think that "we may never agree" or something while talking philosophically about the whole thing.

I'd love to see a VR reboot, and they keep assuring us it's on the cards, but the prospect of more slash/myles stuff makes me wonder in what time frame it could ever happen.

I agree with duff though - i think they still have their best album in them, and i'm also pumped for more slash/myles songs. So i guess the future is good either way - hopefully somehow we do get both.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yuck.

Ummm... maybe elaborate or I'm just gonna assume you don't like good music tongue You don't like his voice? This song? There's  almost 15 years worth of Stereophonics material to choose from or do you just hate them? He'd be a lot more interesting than all the other cliches choices that always get mentioned.  Kelly Jones can fucking sing though and that's a fact.

Never been a fan of that deeper vocal style. The only one I enjoy along those lines is Cornell but that's because Cornell also shows incredible range in his voice. As far as Slash and Duff go, we already know the perfect vocal style for their sound. It's a wailer with incredible range and a shitload of attitude. That's what they need to get right now. And no, I'm not talking about the cliched choice of Bach or whatever. Bach has no balls and neither do most of the bastards being mentioned.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Kelly would be perfect he's a big guns fan too supposedly but to be honest.

I'd say he's TOO good for VR.

It'd be a waste

Check it

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

It'd be a waste

Fuck yeah dude. The guy rocks. You're right though he'd probably be too good. he'd look cool as fuck fronting Velvet Revolver though.  Plus  it would suck if Stereophonics broke up. Love that song Superman and it's even better live.

here's them doing Gimme Shelter  9
[youtube]Aylb94HLMg0&feature=related[/youtube]

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Time for a fan boy post from me. There is NO such thing as "Too good" to be in a band with Slash and Duff. Period.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Time for a fan boy post from me. There is NO such thing as "Too good" to be in a band with Slash and Duff. Period.

14 fair enough. I'll rephrase by saying Stereophonics are too good though for Kelly to leave them for VR.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Travis Meeks ftw 9

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I really like Travis too but I wonder if the writing would work out with them. Travis seems to be pretty controlling creatively, and an awesome guitar player, so I don't know how everything would fit together.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Bono wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

It'd be a waste

Fuck yeah dude. The guy rocks. You're right though he'd probably be too good. he'd look cool as fuck fronting Velvet Revolver though.  Plus  it would suck if Stereophonics broke up. Love that song Superman and it's even better live.

here's them doing Gimme Shelter  9
[youtube]Aylb94HLMg0&feature=related[/youtube]

Excellent. Ya. Kelly would be amazing fronting VR. He's excellent. Such an under rated talent this is probably one of my favourite covers

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

mattsorum

RT @Slash: Fyi, VR is auditioning singers this week. Promises to be very interesting. Iii|; ), about 4 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

Board footer