You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GunsNRosesNews RUMOUR. & THEREFORE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe we're playing this game again. I was over it 5 years ago. I have no interest AT ALL to live a CD II saga.

Maybe so, but I have WAY more interest in stuff like this than discussing Axl's latest lawsuit.  So I'll take what I can get.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This problem with Azoff seems to be the #1 problem messing with the band at the moment.

If they could get rid of it, the doorway would be open for a Chinese Democracy 2 and the DVD, both of which would please fans, and continue to build this band up.

Then once that's all done, then creatively the way is clear for the current line up to write some stuff.

But it seems the business side of things is creating some kind of log-jam.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yes, you are right. But we both know that various forum members have received links over the years. I'm not in the know at all and i've received various "anonymous" PM's and e-mails over the years at various places with various "leaks".

In other words, there are plenty of people who get leaks way before anyone else does, so that could be it and that one thing he got for free, he's played up for years as he's "in the know".

Mysteron did it ONCE over at HTGTH and he's been heralded as a legend for years despite not knowing crap.

This is so true. I could've easily posted lyrics to Catcher in the Rye and acted like an insider but instead I shared. Who knows how long I could've milked that. I know a few others recieved it but I've never heard who and to my knowledge when I shared I was the first and possibly the only one to openly do so. It wasn't any quest for glory more like "hey here it is". Of course when something like that happens it takes mere seconds for it to spread like wild fire. Within minutes it seemed like hundreds of people were sharing the wealth however I had it for a good hour before hand, listening to it over and over to make sure it was what I thought it was and partially in disbelief that I had it.  There was no reaction from anyone untill I decided what to do with it so I have no idea how long I could've held onto it. The email address it came from was invalid within minutes of me recieving it so how I got it, why I got it, who knows. Definately no insider.  But yeah I could've milked it a bit, played it up as an insider and there ya go. In fact for months afterwards people actually thought I was an insider. It was kinda weird 10  Annoying as well. I remember replying daily to dozens upon dozens of PM's afterwards before I just started deleting them without reading them.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

^^ Ahhh Catcher In The Rye... I loved that version smile

All the UK shows this year were sold through Ticketmaster, Azoff's company. Isnt the whole "Azoff's blacklisted GNR in the US" speil exagerated or even fantasy?

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it is....if he blacklists Gnr now, during the lawsuit, he is essentially proving Axl's case. Azoff isn't that stupid. He knows Axl will blacklist himself on his own!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Yeah, the whole "Azoff's blacklisted GNR in the US" seems way off. Since DJ mentioned touring will begin in Feb in the US, the ball must be rolling in some shape or form. Prolly the usual square shape!

Those things about BF, remixalbum, DVD and follow-up to CD seems plausible, but anyone of us could have come up with that situation based on tidbits of info over the past years.

Doesn't really matter to me if it's true or not. The next releases from GNR will get here when they get here (or not) regardless. I won't get carried away on another CD-saga-waiting-game again! Doesn't mean I won't be all over it when things finally get released!

I'll go with whatever is going on at the moment. Now, I'm excited to see how things go for the gunners down-under!

johndivney wrote:

i'm sure at the time axl/gnr were blackballed by azoff & his influence but by this stage is the grudge worth holding on azoff's side?? it depends on the money i guess. think madagas is correct in that axl is well capable of blacklisting himself - but for all his fk-ups & tantrums, people still wanna book axl n gnr cause they make money. now they've avoided the US for a long time now & i'm sure azoff or that situation has at least some part to play in GnR not performing or representing in the USA..

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i'm sure azoff or that situation has at least some part to play in GnR not performing or representing in the USA..

Sure, it could be. But it could also very well be that GNR thought: "lets just tour the world first and show promoters in the US that GNR can still put draw some big-ass crowds and play some kick-ass shows without much fuck-ups!" And compared to previous tours, the past year have been "incident-free-walk-in-the-park"-great!

In fact, things have gone so great, that some diehard forum junkies actually seemed bored at certain legs of the tour...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Now I wander whether the same people that are bringing us 'Wikileaks' could do the same for Chinese Democracy 2 :-)

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

lol, I thought that myself, is there a release date somewhere amongst those thousands of documents? 16

Board footer