You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The concert intro... is The General.

Neemo wrote:
Manets wrote:

[youtube]t1TnoH-HCRo&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

that sounds pretty daunting.... 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

That intro sounds cool for opening a show but it sounds like a  stupid intro for a song intro to me. Way too long and boring for a song. Sounds like movie soundtrack music.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

That intro sounds cool for opening a show but it sounds like a  stupid intro for a song intro to me. Way too long and boring for a song. Sounds like movie soundtrack music.

I keep wondering if it's less of an intro and maybe something mixed under the song. Like the stuff buried under the mix in the solo to TIL?

If that's the case just more overproduction from good ol' Axl.  It's a pretty useless piece of music in my opinion. the only useful purpose I could see it serving is for opening a show or for some movie score.  Hardly belongs on a  Gn'R record so.... who knows.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Manets wrote:

[youtube]t1TnoH-HCRo&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

that sounds pretty daunting.... 9

That sounds to me like different parts of a song added together rather than one long intro.  One part may be the intro to The General but other parts (as others have suggested) could be part of the layers of tracks under the vocals etc throughout the song and they have just shunted them together to make the intro music for the concerts.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

This is interesting news!

Used as the intro to shows, it's cool as hell!

Whether or not it is the intro to The General or bits and pieces running through the song, is anybodies guess. Epic either way!

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

from the Axl chats....maybe it is soundtrack music!

Q2 If you don't mind would you tell me what are your favorite 10 albums of 2008 and all time favorites i would like to know more about your music taste.

"I'm more into film scores."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

I keep wondering if it's less of an intro and maybe something mixed under the song. Like the stuff buried under the mix in the solo to TIL?

id have to agree...if i had to guess i'd say that orchestration would be woven throughout the song

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Dadud wrote:

I wonder if they let it slip because they're ready to play the full version with vocals in the tour.

I'll play the Devi's advocate, then.

Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!"

- here

Just pointing out the correlation.

Imagine that, finally back into the good ol' rumormongering!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Or it could be a very Floyd like intro to the song. But you're right, we don't know what the orchestrations play into the song.

Board footer