You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Remember this document?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

The majority of the GNR fanbase is frustrated, GNR knows this.   That Italian forum that shut down did absolutely nothing except deprive some members of that board that enjoyed posting there which I am sure they are posting on other boards now.

While I agree, I'd love to hear new songs and them play smaller Hammerstein like venues, I can't see it happening and lets say for shits and giggles they did that but only played one or two nights and some people couldn't get tickets because it's a smaller place and it sold out, then those people would be pissed that they couldn't go and would start bitching about how they should play larger venues.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

The majority of the GNR fanbase is frustrated, GNR knows this.   That Italian forum that shut down did absolutely nothing except deprive some members of that board that enjoyed posting there which I am sure they are posting on other boards now.

While I agree, I'd love to hear new songs and them play smaller Hammerstein like venues, I can't see it happening and lets say for shits and giggles they did that but only played one or two nights and some people couldn't get tickets because it's a smaller place and it sold out, then those people would be pissed that they couldn't go and would start bitching about how they should play larger venues.

But it would create some buzz though. I just think that GNR coming to the Fillmore in Detroit and doing a two or three night stand where people bitch that they couldn't get tickets would be better then them coming to the Palace of Auburn Hills once in four years and having the entire upper deck covered because of lack of ticket sales.

Did they play the palace of Auburn in 06?   I know here in NYC, MSG was packed and the 2007 tour was extremely successful with no lack of sales.  I sometimes don't understand where the lack of sales thing comes in now.   They did combine one show from what my brain can remember in 06 and the others shows in Cali were cancelled yes, for recording,  it was never reported it was due to lack of sales, that is only assumed, just because you could get more tickets at the time the show was cancelled doesn't necessarily mean the show didn't sell more then half the venue.   Ticketmaster or any site that you can buy tickets, don't tell you that kind of info, they'll only list sold out if it is.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The lack of ticket sales wasn't a rumor.  They blocked off large sections of mid size arenas and called the shows sell outs.  russ wouldn't be saying that they blocked off the upper deck in Detroit if it didn't happen.  That wasn't an isolated incident.  The shows that were cancelled early in the tour were due to ticket sales.  The supposed album cancellations were because of lack of ticket sales.  They couldn't even give tickets away or sell them at a huge discount to fill some of the places they played.  The Maine show was because of poor ticket sales no matter what a fire marshall did or didn't say.  The few shows that sold well were never cancelled, yet cancellations happend at a lot of shows that weren't selling well.  You can't possbily think that is coincidental.

buzzsaw wrote:

The lack of ticket sales wasn't a rumor.  They blocked off large sections of mid size arenas and called the shows sell outs.  russ wouldn't be saying that they blocked off the upper deck in Detroit if it didn't happen.  That wasn't an isolated incident.  The shows that were cancelled early in the tour were due to ticket sales.  The supposed album cancellations were because of lack of ticket sales.  They couldn't even give tickets away or sell them at a huge discount to fill some of the places they played.  The Maine show was because of poor ticket sales no matter what a fire marshall did or didn't say.  The few shows that sold well were never cancelled, yet cancellations happend at a lot of shows that weren't selling well.  You can't possbily think that is coincidental.

I was asking for a confirm from Russ if they played Detroit, I was a little unsure of his statement if that was fact or not.

Can you tell me the shows they blocked off and called them sell outs, I am curious as to the shows you are talking about, I'll stand corrected if you tell me shows they did this at. 

Where was it reported that show were cancelled due to ticket sales early in the tour?

The Maine show was an isolated incident and still remains a controversy.

It wasn't like there were over like 15 shows cancelled in 06, the maine show, another show due to Axl having strep throat or something and the shows in Cali in Jan, what other shows were cancelled in 06? 

I am not trying to bust your chops, just give me a little more proof of it and I'll stand corrected because I don't remember show after show being cancelled in 06.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the show they blamed the fire marshall on had low sales if i remember correctly

anyway he said march 6th in that letter...but he didnt say what year 16

Neemo wrote:

the show they blamed the fire marshall on had low sales if i remember correctly

anyway he said march 6th in that letter...but he didnt say what year 16

That could be true that, that show did have low sales, also that is a place that most major bands don't even play because they feel it's not worth it unfortunately from what I remember being reported in the articles as well but still the fact remains that people are assuming they cancelled the show for low sales instead of the fire marshall so that is the only reason I am on this, assuming and fact are 2 different things.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the amout of facts we have about the current band is like a mole hill compared to the mountain of assumptions

the best you can do is decide for yourself what is real and what is reality....and based on Axl's track record its not surprising that people always assume the worst about him

its a shame really but i think the cause of most of the hostility toward the band is based on false truths, but you cant prove otherwise cuz of the amount of bullshit storys that are out there, for every 6 people that say axl is a great guy there are 12 saying hes a fuckhead

People make it like the 06 tour was a complete failure, all these cancelled shows for lack of ticket sales.  I don't recall 06 being a tour failure because of ticket sales, if in some cases that were true then so be it but I don't think it's something that stands out like a sore thumb in 06.   Beit some shows were cancelled for what reasons, as you said, GNR fans make them up in their head, even tho a reason was given by the band. These assumptions are based upon Axl's track record?   Does Axl and or GNR have a track record of bad ticket sales or is it to assume because they are pissed at Axl in general.

Board footer