You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:
Hidden Text:

I must've completely blanked on him eing with Catwoman at the end. I got the part that he had fixed it six month ago but still I think it'd be fucking stupid if he lived. Had he actually fixed it on the one he was flying or did he fix it on a model not in use?

Hidden Text:

I think it was catwoman...was certainly a similar chick that my brain processed as her but maybe I fucked up. If i see it again at the theatre I'll be ready for it and check.

You could be right about the autopilot - maybe it was only the other one... but that seems odd to me...you'd think he'd repair both. I just don't see the point of the scene revealing he'd actually fixed it if that was the case, storywise to me the only reason to show that he repaired one was to create the implication that it's possible he lived, and considering the very next scene is the sighting of him....maybe I just like happy endings but seems to me it's leaning towards that meaning.

My major problem with the film was:

Hidden Text:

Given Bane releases all the criminals...including going as far as using scarecrow as the chief prosecutor/judge at their sham court...it's
sort of a major plot hole in terms of the story making sense that there is entirely no reference to the absence of Joker.

Don't get me wrong...I'm glad they didn't get someone else to try and mimic him or CGI it or something. But I do believe they should have made some ofd-screen reference to him without seeing him or something. Or just hear a laugh or something from an overview of the city. Cos from a storyline continuity point of view - if we're to believe this is all real and the real life events of one universe..WTF is joker? He just doesn't exist all of a sudden. No reference is made, either to his death or his escape with the others or anything. I know they were trying to be sensitive to Heath and everything...but it's now a massive loose end plot wise that makes no sense.

Nolan said:
"We're not addressing The Joker at all. That is something I felt very strongly about in terms of my relationship with Heath and the experience I went through with him on The Dark Knight. I didn't want to in any way try and account for a real-life tragedy. That seemed inappropriate to me. We just have a new set of characters and a continuation of Bruce Wayne's story. Not involving The Joker." He is neither seen, heard or mentioned throughout the whole film.

To me that's his own grief talking though. I'm glad they didn't respect Heath by having someone body double or something. But the storyline needed some kind of throw-away explanation for his absence just for continuity.

I agree with your comments on the Joker(people can take that how they want. is he in it or isn't he? 14 ) I thought of that myself during the show

Hidden Text:

and man it would've been great to have him in this movie too

I just talked to my buddy about the ending and he's not sure if that was Catwoman either. He said he thought it was but he's not sure now. Hmmmm....   If it IS her your theory is 100% correct, if it's NOT her who knows. I thought it was a happy ending even with Bruce dieing. With him living I'd find it a cheesey hollywood cliche ending. I think you're right though and that's what it is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...I might have imagined it...now I'm having self doubt. I'll have to go see it again soon and check. smile

AtariLegend wrote:

It's

Hidden Text:

definitely Selina he's in cafe with at the end, you see her face. They have the big long kiss before he takes the bomb. So basically they live happily ever after.

Hidden Text:

As for Joker it's not Arkam Asylum that get's all the inmates released from, it's Blackwater prison where the mob prisoner types, the "sane criminals" are. I think

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Got my tickets for tomorrow night at around 10:30pm. so excited.  hope everyone is having a good night on here!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Good Point Atari although

Hidden Text:

why then is Scarecrow free? I assumed Bane extended his "free the inmates" thing to everywhere

Going back to the other issue...another reason I prefer my interpretation is that it

Hidden Text:

provides an ending to the catwoman subplot of her wanting to reestablishing herself without her past. With this ending both Bruce and Her have escaped their past and started a new life. Seems like a fitting end.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Hope you enjoy it Me_Wise!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Gonna see it tomorrow in regular screening, and IMAX next month

Can't wait to fucking see this film!!!!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Gonna see it tomorrow in regular screening, and IMAX next month

Can't wait to fucking see this film!!!!

Me too! I may just see it a second time if I get the chance. Have fun man!

@Monkey: Thanks dude! 5

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It is absolute torture looking at this thread but I haven't caved and read spoilers! Seeing tonight an IMAX, just need to get the rest of the day out of the way 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer