You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Good Point Atari although

Hidden Text:

why then is Scarecrow free? I assumed Bane extended his "free the inmates" thing to everywhere

Hidden Text:

Scarecrow wasn't really crazy when we last seen him in the second film, he was basically just a drug dealer trying to make money. Apart from that the League of Shadows that Talia runs, Scarecrow worked for them and her father in Batman Begins.

In an unrelated note, was just watching this:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ok, see now that's why I was confused

Hidden Text:

I barely caught that conversation with Fox and I didn't want to bring it up because I thought maybe I got it wrong. However I am 100% that was Selina with Bruce at the end. I was thinking that maybe Alfred was just imagining her now as well. But the Fox conversation along with Selina in the end seems like they're all alive.

I also assert that the end doesn't necessarily mean "Happily Ever After", which I also tie into The Joker missing from the court scene.  When the Robin (or Night Wing?) reveal happens, it looked to me like he'd be taking Batman's place. So upon return to Gotham, Bruce and/or Selina would be assisting Robin/Night Wing with whatever bad shit is going down while they were gone.

As far as The Joker goes, from what we saw in the second movie, he doesn't give a rats ass about any sort of order. So assuming he was released, he wouldn't have had any interest in what goes on with "the good people of Gotham". I was thinking he would've headed straight out to cause some havoc. Which ties back into the Robin/Night Wing thing. By the time Bruce and Selina get back, who knows what they would have to help him clean up.

Oh and as far as IMAX goes, I will about 20 minutes from The Henry Ford Museum which has (I'm told) the biggest IMAX screen in the US at 84ft wide by 62ft tall. It's $13.25 to see it there and I'm not sure of their schedule but I really want to see it there ASAP.

Ok so do you think

Hidden Text:

if and when they do the Robin movie Christian Bale will be in it in sorta of an Alfred/Fox type role? Or do you think he'd reprise his role as Batman in kind of a cameo?

I guess the city of Gotham

Hidden Text:

saw Batman die so is that it? Batman is done but Bruce lives on?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I thought it wasn't that good. It seemed to me like it tried to be so much more. It was like waiting for something huge to happen that never did. The ending was blah.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I thought it wasn't that good. It seemed to me like it tried to be so much more. It was like waiting for something huge to happen that never did. The ending was blah.

I was completely satisfied with what I thought was the ending, now I'm just pissed off. Kinda ruins the movie for me to be honest.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Just got back now from seeing it in IMAX.

Hidden Text:

I can see why people compare it to BB, definately more of that feel than TDK. I think TDK is still my favourite with this coming a close second.

As for the ending my take was Bruce lived, he ejected and was definitely with Selina in the Cafe. Actually I thought the fact that he lived was actually kind of a switch of cliche, sure in super hero films the hero always lives, but as soon as Talia stabbed him I was expecting a Gladiator/Man on Fire type ending, the fact that he then lived surprised me.

My guess on the Blake/Robin end was that he'll actually assume the mantle of Batman. I might be way off but it would be much better to have 'Robin' actually be Batmans successor and heir rather than his gimpy sidekick, also from a franchise point of view if they do continue it, another Batman film with JGL as Batman rather than a Robin movie is far more appealing.

I thought Bane was an excellent villain, an absolute brute, his voice managed to be menacing even if he did sound like the love child of Gandalf and Yoda. His fight scenes were epic. Also thought Catwoman was great, really worked well and looked smokin to boot.

Downsides, probably could have done with a bit more Batman, a lot of Bruce and Bane but a bit more of the main man wouldn't have hurt, although I see the reasons why he was kept to a minimum. I also didn't love the nuke plot, I prefer the Jokers style of terrorism than the League of Shadows 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Really great film. Still deciding on which film I think is the best! Going to take some time. I thought the ending worked really well and it would be fine either way for me. The cast and crew were fantastic. Especially Bale and Hathaway! Bane was a great villain and loved the plot twists and everything. Just was a pain in the ass to get the tickets and bought some of them at the wrong time; so I need to find a way to go up to the box office and get my money back for that time that I couldn't do it. Great job as always Mr. Nolan!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Going to see it in a hour, can't wait. Looking forward to coming back and discussing it all with you all too. All these blacked out discussions are driving me nuts!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

have fun man. its awesome!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just got home from seeing it. AWESOME!!!!

Hidden Text:

Only thing I'm kinda annoyed at, is that Bane's voice is really hard to understand in some parts, and others it's clear as a bell. Some points I was really scratching my head at what he said.

I found audio levels a bit out of whack throughout anyway, where the background music overpowered the dialogue. But I saw it in a new cinema that boasted BIG SCREEN, BIG SOUND, and the bass was a bit ridiculous, so I'm not faulting the film entirely for that.

I LOVED how Bane completely brings the city to it's knees, trapping the cops underground, and the rest of the city at hostage if they tried to leave.

The Joker was a badass, but Bane brought it to a whole another level, and there were times watching that I felt unease about how badly he was fucking the city up, and beating the shit outta Batman almost breaking his back.

One thing that confused me, is how did Bane find out Bruce was Batman?
I know he had Commissioner Gordon's speech which revealed the truth about Harvey, but there was no mention that Batman was Bruce Wayne, and even Commissioner Gordon only adds it up that Bruce is Batman, right at the end

But man, what a ride. Can't wait to see it again!

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Hidden Text:

One thing that confused me, is how did Bane find out Bruce was Batman?

Hidden Text:

Talia's father Ra's Al Ghul trained Batman in first film.

Board footer