You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Hidden Text:

One thing that confused me, is how did Bane find out Bruce was Batman?

Hidden Text:

Talia's father Ra's Al Ghul trained Batman in first film.

Hidden Text:

Ah, of course... now I feel stupid! 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Just got home from seeing it for the second time.

If anyone is still confused about the thing bono and I were discussing I noticed something else about it this time:

Hidden Text:

In the scene straight after the autopilot reveal it cuts to the people dishing out the estate and they say everything is accounted for except for a string of pearls which is missing.

To me this is additional proof that bruce is alive....he didn't let them sell off his mom's pearls....

So to me it's pretty clear he's alive:

1. It's probable it's him who fixed the bat signal as it's before robin finds the cave.

2. If alfred was imagining seeing bruce he wouldn't really have pictured her with catwoman

3. The mother's pearls were not given away with the rest of the possessions.

4. it's revealed the autopilot had indeed been fixed by wayne months eariler.

5. It provides a sensible ending to the catwoman/bruce subplot - they've both escaped their past and started over.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Am I wrong or

Hidden Text:

is it up for debate whether or not he died at the end?

It's clear to me he did not...

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Just got home from seeing it. AWESOME!!!!

Hidden Text:

Only thing I'm kinda annoyed at, is that Bane's voice is really hard to understand in some parts, and others it's clear as a bell. Some points I was really scratching my head at what he said.

I found audio levels a bit out of whack throughout anyway, where the background music overpowered the dialogue. But I saw it in a new cinema that boasted BIG SCREEN, BIG SOUND, and the bass was a bit ridiculous, so I'm not faulting the film entirely for that.

I LOVED how Bane completely brings the city to it's knees, trapping the cops underground, and the rest of the city at hostage if they tried to leave.

The Joker was a badass, but Bane brought it to a whole another level, and there were times watching that I felt unease about how badly he was fucking the city up, and beating the shit outta Batman almost breaking his back.

One thing that confused me, is how did Bane find out Bruce was Batman?
I know he had Commissioner Gordon's speech which revealed the truth about Harvey, but there was no mention that Batman was Bruce Wayne, and even Commissioner Gordon only adds it up that Bruce is Batman, right at the end

But man, what a ride. Can't wait to see it again!

Hidden Text:

You gotta remember... Bane IS the league of shadows... talia too... they ALL know Bruce is Batman, dude...

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ok, see now that's why I was confused

Hidden Text:

I barely caught that conversation with Fox and I didn't want to bring it up because I thought maybe I got it wrong. However I am 100% that was Selina with Bruce at the end. I was thinking that maybe Alfred was just imagining her now as well. But the Fox conversation along with Selina in the end seems like they're all alive.

I also assert that the end doesn't necessarily mean "Happily Ever After", which I also tie into The Joker missing from the court scene.  When the Robin (or Night Wing?) reveal happens, it looked to me like he'd be taking Batman's place. So upon return to Gotham, Bruce and/or Selina would be assisting Robin/Night Wing with whatever bad shit is going down while they were gone.

As far as The Joker goes, from what we saw in the second movie, he doesn't give a rats ass about any sort of order. So assuming he was released, he wouldn't have had any interest in what goes on with "the good people of Gotham". I was thinking he would've headed straight out to cause some havoc. Which ties back into the Robin/Night Wing thing. By the time Bruce and Selina get back, who knows what they would have to help him clean up.

Oh and as far as IMAX goes, I will about 20 minutes from The Henry Ford Museum which has (I'm told) the biggest IMAX screen in the US at 84ft wide by 62ft tall. It's $13.25 to see it there and I'm not sure of their schedule but I really want to see it there ASAP.

Ok so do you think

Hidden Text:

if and when they do the Robin movie Christian Bale will be in it in sorta of an Alfred/Fox type role? Or do you think he'd reprise his role as Batman in kind of a cameo?

I guess the city of Gotham

Hidden Text:

saw Batman die so is that it? Batman is done but Bruce lives on?

The first part. I think

Hidden Text:

that if there ever is a Robin or 'next movie' of any sort, it'll feature a cameo or full on appearance from Bale as Bruce but not Batman.

Hidden Text:

And... that would throw off any civilians who might have guessed that Wayne was Batman

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Just saw it a second time...

I think it surpasses TDK which was the gold standard IMO.
It also beats out The Avengers for best superhero movie of all time.

I love that Nolan did all of these movies his way... Sure, there were nods to the comic everywhere... subtle and otherwise... But he took the source material and turned it on it's ear and made everything original and his own... And it ALL worked... all 3 films. Brilliant.

Bane was great... Not good... GREAT.

Hidden Text:

I'm a lil' slow... I didn't see the Talia reveal/prison escape thing coming
The Blake/Robin/New Batman thing was genius...
"Fuck the comics... we'll do it like this"
I literally cried when they showed Alfred breaking down, and again, when the uncovered the statue.... And just about jumped out of my skin when the lady said Blake should go by his FULL name, "Robin"... I let the movie take me for a ride without getting nitpicky or nerdy about it, and had more goosebump/Oh Shit!!! moments than I've ever had in a movie. I thought it wrapped up the trilogy perfectly, while still leaving the door cracked for something going forward. The last half hour was perfect.

I didn't notice the thing about the pearls until my second viewing, either

... I was skeptical about Hathaway pulling off Selina Kyle.... But, she nailed it. I will still forever masturbate to Michelle Pfeiffer , though...

Batman(1990)..7.5/10 (at the time? 8.5/10.. It hasn't aged well)
Batman Returns..7/10
Batman Forever.. 4/10
Batman And Robin..3.5/10
Begins.. 8/10
TDK... 9/10
TDKR.. 9.1/10 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Wellé  To answer Bono. 

Hidden Text:

Batman died BUT!  Bruce Wayne did not.  May not make sense to you but that's how I got it.  Bruce Wayne let the Batman die.  As for the Blake character.  I get it as a Batman Beyond thing.  He will be Batman in the next movie and maybe Bruce Wayne could come back to train him.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's what I got from the movie as wel! big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer