You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

How can I see the black parts?  I liked the ending, I know some didn't, very Bourne-esque.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How can I see the black parts?  I liked the ending, I know some didn't, very Bourne-esque.

Just click quote... as if you were responding to the post...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Seen it a couple times over the last 5 days. Enjoy it very much, a bit more than TDK but not quite as much as BB.

BB - 8.5/10
TDKR - 8/10
TDK - 8/10

Bane is an awesome villain. Underrated by critics and a lot of other people simply because Ledger's Joker couldn't be topped. If this villain was in another franchise, they would be praising him to the moon.

The acting in the film was great across the board. I really loved how inspired Bale's performance was compared to TDK, where it felt like he was going through the motions. His performance in TDKR might be even better than BB, which is no small feat. Hathaway was awesome as Selina Kyle and Caine was amazing as Alfred (his scene at the end made me tear up).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree as well. Hathaway especially stood out and had one of the best performances in the whole film. I thought Bale's performance was stellar and I think it topped TDK and even Begins in some scenes. I do want to see it a second time probably with my family. Bane made a great villain despite some of the bitching with critics. Bane was better than Scarecrow!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I love Batman Returns, but the depiction of Selina in TDKR was a lot more accurate to the source material. I didn't think Hathaway would give a bad performance by any means, but I also didn't think she could fill Pfeiffer's shoes. She pulled it off though. Great performance, very charming.

Me_Wise_Magic

She nailed down the mystique, charm, sex appeal, and swagger of the character. It wasn't complex or over the top. She got the essence of Catwoman and Selina Kyle on the do. Nolan is a master at his craft! Now we wait for Man of Steel. I'm sure in a few years, Rises & Bane will be more appreciated as much as Ledger's Joker!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Why does everyone like Begins more than Dark Knight....i thought TDK was tons better than Begins....

Me_Wise_Magic

I love the Dark Knight more than Begins too!

Board footer