You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The BATMAN Thread

nugdafied wrote:

So what's this? Another Batman movie with The Joker in it? What's the deal? It does look good though.

its the sequel to Batman Begins.. which is pretty much a whole new series of Batman movies, independent of the earlier ones  from the 90s.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

So what's this? Another Batman movie with The Joker in it? What's the deal? It does look good though.

Completely throw out Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin. Go rent Batman Begins. It is a complete re-boot of the franchise by Warner. The story has NOTHING to do with the first Batman movie. The Dark Knight is Batman Begins' sequel. The Joker will be very different in this new movie. He will be much scarier and less "haha" funny for the audience. You'll be more frightened than amused.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I've never been excited about a Batman movie, but to be honest, I will check this one out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Completely throw out Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin. Go rent Batman Begins. It is a complete re-boot of the franchise by Warner. The story has NOTHING to do with the first Batman movie. The Dark Knight is Batman Begins' sequel. The Joker will be very different in this new movie. He will be much scarier and less "haha" funny for the audience. You'll be more frightened than amused.

The first Batman by Tim Burton kicked ass. And he created a Batman franchise of dark, black aura around it. So I wouldn't call Batman Begins a "complete re-boot". It's a prequel, that's all. Still same look to it, it just showed you how he got to be the way he is, and where he gets his wonderful toys. And also Jack wasn't exactly "Haha" funny in the movie??!  He owned the part. One of Nicholson's greatest perfomances.

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

The first Batman by Tim Burton kicked ass. And he created a Batman franchise of dark, black aura around it. So I wouldn't call Batman Begins a "complete re-boot". It's a prequel, that's all. Still same look to it, it just showed you how he got to be the way he is, and where he gets his wonderful toys. And also Jack wasn't exactly "Haha" funny in the movie??!  He owned the part. One of Nicholson's greatest perfomances.

nooo, its not a prequel to Burton's Batman.   They are completely different if you look at the storylines.   But yea I did like the first Batman alot, but Batman Begins a little more, and all the sequels to the first batman gotten progressively lamer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

nooo, its not a prequel to Burton's Batman.   They are completely different if you look at the storylines.   But yea I did like the first Batman alot, but Batman Begins a little more, and all the sequels to the first batman gotten progressively lamer.

Maybe it's not a "true" prequel in terms of the storyline, but the movie totally uses Burton's vision for Batman. I think I heard when he first began making it the studio's were confused because it was too dark & Batman was black. Completely different from people's perception of Batman (cheesy 60's show).  Burton "re-tooled" Batman. This new series is just using his vision. No re-tooling involved, just starting over again.

I agree with you the sequels were pretty bad. With Batman & Robin, well, I never bothered to watch that one. Looked worse than a pile of dogshit though.

PaSnow wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Maybe it's not a "true" prequel in terms of the storyline, but the movie totally uses Burton's vision for Batman. I think I heard when he first began making it the studio's were confused because it was too dark & Batman was black. Completely different from people's perception of Batman (cheesy 60's show).  Burton "re-tooled" Batman. This new series is just using his vision. No re-tooling involved, just starting over again.

right, it definitely has some influence from Burton's batman (and IMO made it better at least for teens and grown ups), but its not a prequel..

I agree with you the sequels were pretty bad. With Batman & Robin, well, I never bothered to watch that one. Looked worse than a pile of dogshit though.

oh it was horrible sad

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Joker is being played exactly how he should be brought to screen.

Board footer